Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista

=?Utf-8?B?R2FiaSBTdXRhYw==?=

Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
Does anyone succeded to install Novell Client on Windows Vista workstation?
I tried but it's end with error. Windows does not say there will be any
incompatibility but when I try to install I got an error.
Thank you!
Richard G. Harper

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
You'll need to wait for a Vista-compatible version of the client from
Novell.

"Gabi Sutac" <GabiSutac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone succeded to install Novell Client on Windows Vista
> workstation?
> I tried but it's end with error. Windows does not say there will be any
> incompatibility but when I try to install I got an error.
> Thank you!

massimo.belgrano@gmail.com

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
Novell is dead (IMO) , because without a client for vista most user
want migrate to windows 2003 for having a better integration

On 28 Gen, 21:50, Gabi Sutac <GabiSu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Does anyone succeded to installNovellClientonWindows Vistaworkstation?
> I tried but it's end with error. Windows does not say there will be any
> incompatibility but when I try to install I got an error.
> Thank you!

BSchnur

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
> Novell is dead (IMO) , because without a client for vista most user
> want migrate to windows 2003 for having a better integration

There will be a client for Vista -- it is definitely in the works:

http://www.novell.com/products/clients/

I expect there will be a public beta of the Novell client in the next
month or so.

--
Barry Schnur
BSchnur

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
By the way, if you have NetWare 6.5 then you can access the NetWare
server with Vista (any version) using NFA/CIFS -- though you need to
tweak the Vista authentication handling.

--
Barry Schnur
BSchnur

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
By the way, a 'preview' build of the Novell client is now available:

http://download.novell.com/Download?...d=yIEJzwGwlu0~

--
Barry Schnur
=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

RE: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
Has anyone just installed the basic MS client for Netware? I bave some old
5.x and 6.x Novell servers that I would like Vista to connect to.
I just need to blast in with Microsoft's Netware client, don't need all the
fluff just yet. Anyone have success or procedure.

Thanks,
Steve

"Gabi Sutac" wrote:

> Does anyone succeded to install Novell Client on Windows Vista workstation?
> I tried but it's end with error. Windows does not say there will be any
> incompatibility but when I try to install I got an error.
> Thank you!

Richard G. Harper

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
I don't think that client exists in Vista.

> Has anyone just installed the basic MS client for Netware? I bave some
> old
> 5.x and 6.x Novell servers that I would like Vista to connect to.
> I just need to blast in with Microsoft's Netware client, don't need all
> the
> fluff just yet. Anyone have success or procedure.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> "Gabi Sutac" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone succeded to install Novell Client on Windows Vista
>> workstation?
>> I tried but it's end with error. Windows does not say there will be any
>> incompatibility but when I try to install I got an error.
>> Thank you!

Roger B

Re: Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista
Novell has a "technology preview" version of the Netware client at
download.novell.com. It is a very basic version - doesn't allow for NDPS,
but I at least get to the network drives. They will be beta testing the full
client in a month or so.

Roger B