Changing the IP address when moving to another location

=?Utf-8?B?R2FiaSBTdXRhYw==?=

Changing the IP address when moving to another location
Hi everybody!
Did anyone know how to set up networks profiles so that when you move with
the laptop to another location to select the appropriate network profile?
That means to set up diferent IP addresses for each location (for Ethernet,
not for wireless).
It is realy annoying to enter the IP address each time I move from work to
home and viceversa.

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Changing the IP address when moving to another location
"Gabi Sutac" <Gabi Sutac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody!
> Did anyone know how to set up networks profiles so that when you move with
> the laptop to another location to select the appropriate network profile?
> That means to set up diferent IP addresses for each location (for
> Ethernet,
> not for wireless).
> It is realy annoying to enter the IP address each time I move from work to
> home and viceversa.

If your not using DHCP assigned IP addresses then you might look into using
NetSwitcher. I don't know if it runs under Vista but you might try the trial
version to see.

http://www.netswitcher.com/

Any reason why you need to use static IP addresses?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

=?Utf-8?B?R2FiaSBTdXRhYw==?=

Re: Changing the IP address when moving to another location
I've just test it!
The install is working (with some warnings), but after that the program does
not succed to change the IP more than once (and after restart) ....
I am looking for something like "IBM Access Connection". I used to use this
program until now but is not working any more.
Thanks anyway!

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> "Gabi Sutac" <Gabi Sutac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everybody!
> > Did anyone know how to set up networks profiles so that when you move with
> > the laptop to another location to select the appropriate network profile?
> > That means to set up diferent IP addresses for each location (for
> > Ethernet,
> > not for wireless).
> > It is realy annoying to enter the IP address each time I move from work to
> > home and viceversa.
> >

> If your not using DHCP assigned IP addresses then you might look into using
> NetSwitcher. I don't know if it runs under Vista but you might try the trial
> version to see.
>
> http://www.netswitcher.com/
>
> Any reason why you need to use static IP addresses?
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...

=?Utf-8?B?R2FiaSBTdXRhYw==?=

Re: Changing the IP address when moving to another location
I solve the problem using scripts with netsh commands. The only problem is
that this scripts should be run as administrator and is working fine!
Thanks!