Authenticating to a Mac with DAVE 6.2.1 Client installed

=?Utf-8?B?REFDVGVjaA==?=

Authenticating to a Mac with DAVE 6.2.1 Client installed
Ok. We have three Mac G5's and one XServe that have a program called DAVE on
it which allows us to share the secondary drives plus the main drives with
ease to PC's and other Mac's. Natively OS X can not simply share a second
drive so you need a third party application to do so. It's rather silly I
know, but hopefully Apple will get their act together and stop worrying about
performance and get to practicality(Yeah...right!)

Anyhue, with XP I could navigate via our workgroup, as the Mac's are not
attached to the domain, to the server or Mac's and enter either one of the
Mac user names or the admin account to the Xserve and authentication would
let me in.

Vista, says I do not have permissions and that I should contact the
administrator of the server. Well, I am the admin!

I have tried several flavors of Authentication on both Vista and the DAVE
client. DAVE allows you to change the policy settings via their control
panel. DAVE takes over the SMB on the native OS X so you can't configure the
Directory Access within it.

I can connect to a Mac without DAVE installed so I know it's something to
possibly do with the SMB 2.0 in Vista not talking properly to the legacy SMB
within DAVE on the Mac.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should try? I have been digging around
and messing with as much settings as I can think of with no luck at all.

I have other issues I will create different posts on as well!

I am running the Ultimate RTM by the way

Thanks