Offline Folders

Stefano

Offline Folders
I run Vista (RTM) and Office 2007 on my desktop; the computer is part of a
domain and the excel files are saved on the server (SBS 2003 R2).
I have several folders that are on the server marked as available offline;
my problem is that, when disconnected form the server, I can open every file
but the ones saved in the native Office 2007 format (xlsx). I tried to
create a test spreadsheet and save it in the same location and the same
name, one copy as test.xlsx and the other as test.xls; the the latter is
available when I am offline, the former not. Also note that both of them are
marked as available offline under "Properties"/ "Offline files" Tab.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Stefano

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Offline Folders
We are checking on this. So far we have not been able to reproduce this but
will keep trying.

"Stefano" <Fritzly@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>I run Vista (RTM) and Office 2007 on my desktop; the computer is part of a
> domain and the excel files are saved on the server (SBS 2003 R2).
> I have several folders that are on the server marked as available offline;
> my problem is that, when disconnected form the server, I can open every
> file
> but the ones saved in the native Office 2007 format (xlsx). I tried to
> create a test spreadsheet and save it in the same location and the same
> name, one copy as test.xlsx and the other as test.xls; the the latter is
> available when I am offline, the former not. Also note that both of them
> are
> marked as available offline under "Properties"/ "Offline files" Tab.
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
> Stefano

Stefano

Re: Offline Folders
Thanks for your follow up Jill.
I see this behavior both on desktop and laptop. Would you like me to send
you the laptop?
Have a nice day.
Stefano

"Jill Zoeller [MSFT]" <jillz@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are checking on this. So far we have not been able to reproduce this
> but will keep trying.

> rights.
>
> Want to learn more about Windows file and storage technologies? Visit our
> team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/default.aspx.
>

> "Stefano" <Fritzly@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I run Vista (RTM) and Office 2007 on my desktop; the computer is part of a
>> domain and the excel files are saved on the server (SBS 2003 R2).
>> I have several folders that are on the server marked as available
>> offline;
>> my problem is that, when disconnected form the server, I can open every
>> file
>> but the ones saved in the native Office 2007 format (xlsx). I tried to
>> create a test spreadsheet and save it in the same location and the same
>> name, one copy as test.xlsx and the other as test.xls; the the latter is
>> available when I am offline, the former not. Also note that both of them
>> are
>> marked as available offline under "Properties"/ "Offline files" Tab.
>> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>> Stefano

Shubhankar Sanyal [MSFT]

Re: Offline Folders
Stefano,
I had a few questions and things to try out so I can more clearly understand
the scenario-
1. Did you make the parent folder/share "available offline" from the client
or is the share an autocached share on the server?
2. Can you add the "offline status" and "offline availablity" columns to
your explorer view and let us know the values for the xls and the xlsx
files?
3. What happens if you create the xlsx file while offline? Is this also not
visible the next time you go offline?

Thanks,
Shubhankar