Backup to Network

=?Utf-8?B?U3BlZWR5?=

Backup to Network
I would like to use the Vista backup facility to do a computer backup rather
than using Acronis TrueImage which I used in XP. Unfortunately this facility
does not offer the use of a network location or drive for the full computer
backup option. Why is this?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Jason

Re: Backup to Network
It all depends. the complete system backup doesn't, however if you select Back Up Files and choose Set up automatic file backup, you should see something like this..

I hope that helps
--
Jason
Windows Vista RTM
"Speedy" <Speedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F252FB32-786F-451F-A975-D879653443F4@microsoft.com...
I would like to use the Vista backup facility to do a computer backup rather
than using Acronis TrueImage which I used in XP. Unfortunately this facility
does not offer the use of a network location or drive for the full computer
backup option. Why is this?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Backup to Network
"Speedy" <Speedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to use the Vista backup facility to do a computer backup
>rather
> than using Acronis TrueImage which I used in XP. Unfortunately this
> facility
> does not offer the use of a network location or drive for the full
> computer
> backup option. Why is this?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

I just started using Acronis TrueImage and find it so much better than the
built-in Vista backup utility...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Backup to Network
Take a look at wbadmin.exe, which is the command-line version of Complete PC
Backup. This will allow you to back up to a target network share.