Cannot re-establish connectivity on known networks...

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtIEFuZGVyc29u?=

Cannot re-establish connectivity on known networks...
For instance:

1. Home wifi versus another wifi network
2. home-based wired net versus work wired net

I must disable/enable either connection to re-establish my connection(s).

Yes I've waited more than a few minutes to see if either one would hook up
by themselves...

Thanks in advance! SDA
=?Utf-8?B?RW1vcnkgVGVjaA==?=

RE: Cannot re-establish connectivity on known networks...
What I would have to do with vista is make a profile for each connection.
Once those are setup the wireless adapter will go down the list of those and
try to reconnected to each one till it gets on it. You will find this under
manage wireless connections. Otherwise you will have to manually setup each
connection anytime it drops or you reboot.

"Sam Anderson" wrote:

> For instance:
>
> 1. Home wifi versus another wifi network
> 2. home-based wired net versus work wired net
>
> I must disable/enable either connection to re-establish my connection(s).
>
> Yes I've waited more than a few minutes to see if either one would hook up
> by themselves...
>
> Thanks in advance! SDA

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

RE: Cannot re-establish connectivity on known networks...
For as much as I want to say this is what needs to be done. I bought a
Windows Vista Home Premium machine, and had not problems connecting to work
and to my home pc, automatically. They were both saved in my Wireless
Networks. I would shut my PC off, take it home, turn it on, and it worked.
It connected to everything, local network and the internet. Turn it off,
take it to work, it connected there to, to the local netowrk and the
internet. Bought the upgrade to VISTA Ultimate. Everything went the HE11.
BSOD was a killer. However, with MS support, was able to get Vista Ultimate
installed. My Managed Networks showed up, no problem. However, since the
upgrade, i have to either do a "Diagnose and Repair" or, stop my Wireless
Modem and restart it, then it connects to the network and internet no
problems.

One other thing, I did switch from WEP to WAP for security, but I don't see
how should be the problem.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks