Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Enable/Disable Network Interfaces

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2007
Stefan Helmig
 

Posts: n/a
Enable/Disable Network Interfaces
Hello NG,

How can I allow a basic user to
enable or disable a network connection
(the network device/card)

If I put the user to the gorup
"Network Configuration Operators"
the user "has not enough rights"

And if I allow this by enable the
rights in "Local Security Policy"

Security Settings -> Local Policies
-> User Right Assigment
-> Load and unload device drivers

for "Network Configuration Operators"
or for the Basic User itself,
it will not work too (after the UAC
comes up, and typing the basic users
password -> not enough rights)

This is strange, because I allowed this
in "Local Security Policy"

How can I do this?
Thanks.

S

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Enable/Disable Network Interfaces
"Stefan Helmig" wrote:
> Hello NG,
>
> How can I allow a basic user to
> enable or disable a network connection
> (the network device/card)


Give that user a name and password for an admin account.
Otherwise, create a service to disable the connection by user request .

Regards,
--PA

> If I put the user to the gorup
> "Network Configuration Operators"
> the user "has not enough rights"
>
> And if I allow this by enable the
> rights in "Local Security Policy"
>
> Security Settings -> Local Policies
> -> User Right Assigment
> -> Load and unload device drivers
>
> for "Network Configuration Operators"
> or for the Basic User itself,
> it will not work too (after the UAC
> comes up, and typing the basic users
> password -> not enough rights)
>
> This is strange, because I allowed this
> in "Local Security Policy"
>
> How can I do this?
> Thanks.
>
> S
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2007
Stefan Helmig
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Enable/Disable Network Interfaces
Hello Pavel,

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message news:7D20E8A5-F6F9-4CEB-AA40-57B3FF0E62F6@microsoft.com...

>> How can I allow a basic user to
>> enable or disable a network connection
>> (the network device/card)

>
> Give that user a name and password for an admin account.
> Otherwise, create a service to disable the connection by user request .


???
It sounds good, but I don't know how I do this.
Sorry, but the User already has a name and a password
I can't create the same Username with
Administror-Privileges ??? It's confusing

Example:

User FullName Desc. Priv./Group
user user ... Users
user user ... Administrators

???

And if this would work, the user has Administrator
Priveleges for the whole Computer - isn't it?

This is very confusing to me...
I hope you can explain it.

S
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Enable/Disable Network Interfaces
Hi Stephan,

I've meant that a non-admin user should know name & password of
The Administraror or other admin account in order to disable network
interfaces.
If this is not acceptable, and you can not make a service (daemon) running
with admin rights and doing this on the user's behalf, there is no [easy]
solution

For wireless adapters, non-admin users can disable radio from
the Mobility center, or use the hardware RF switch.
Of course this is not same as disabling the card.

Regards,
--PA


"Stefan Helmig" wrote:
> Hello Pavel,
>
> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message news:7D20E8A5-F6F9-4CEB-AA40-57B3FF0E62F6@microsoft.com...
>
> >> How can I allow a basic user to
> >> enable or disable a network connection
> >> (the network device/card)

> >
> > Give that user a name and password for an admin account.
> > Otherwise, create a service to disable the connection by user request .

>
> ???
> It sounds good, but I don't know how I do this.
> Sorry, but the User already has a name and a password
> I can't create the same Username with
> Administror-Privileges ??? It's confusing
>
> Example:
>
> User FullName Desc. Priv./Group
> user user ... Users
> user user ... Administrators
>
> ???
>
> And if this would work, the user has Administrator
> Priveleges for the whole Computer - isn't it?
>
> This is very confusing to me...
> I hope you can explain it.
>
> S
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unidentified Network, Access: Local Only =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBCb25uZWxs?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 11 06-04-2008 14:23
RE: VPN + Map network drive =?Utf-8?B?cGFzZmx1Zw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 7 03-08-2007 18:46
One way network visibility =?Utf-8?B?Qy4gQnJpdHRvbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 12-29-2006 22:27
vista to xp share over wlan =?Utf-8?B?R2F2aW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 12-17-2006 00:33
Adding a mac to network places =?Utf-8?B?SGFycnkgRmxheG1hbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 12-14-2006 14:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120