weird network problem after attaching my samsung blackjack phone

=?Utf-8?B?UEVWRGFkZHk=?=

weird network problem after attaching my samsung blackjack phone
Hello,

I have a pc with Vista Ultimate installed. It is a part of a 2k3 domain and
was working fine (except Itunes sucks but that's another issue) until I
plugged my smartphone in. Now the networking always shows as identifying and
I cannot get any web pages to show up nor can I access any of the other
machines on my network. (I could before) The really weird thing is that I
can open a cmd prompt and ping www.yahoo.com and it resolves and gets a
reply. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?
Richard G. Harper

Re: weird network problem after attaching my samsung blackjack phone
Sounds like it's trying to establish a network using Bluetooth or the
Smartphone. Have you tried removing the offending device from Device
Manager and rebooting?

"PEVDaddy" <PEVDaddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a pc with Vista Ultimate installed. It is a part of a 2k3 domain
> and
> was working fine (except Itunes sucks but that's another issue) until I
> plugged my smartphone in. Now the networking always shows as identifying
> and
> I cannot get any web pages to show up nor can I access any of the other
> machines on my network. (I could before) The really weird thing is that I
> can open a cmd prompt and ping www.yahoo.com and it resolves and gets a
> reply. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

=?Utf-8?B?UEVWRGFkZHk=?=

Re: weird network problem after attaching my samsung blackjack pho
I have deleted it and rebooted and it still shows "Identifying", I think that
might be the name it is trying to connect via, but I can't figure out how to
change it. When I am logged in to the domain (the pw is cached) I don't have
the option to change it. I can "customize" it when I am logged into safemode
with networking, but don't need to because I have full network functionality.
Is there a registry key I can alter or delete? This is frustrating because
I have an MCSE and am completely lost with Vista.