Offline files sync

=?Utf-8?B?T3IgVHNlbWFo?=

Offline files sync
My customer is having the following problem:
He configured the GPO to make all of his production computers sync their
Offline files during Logon\Logoff (Vista Enterprise)
Now, the setting don't seem to have any effect at all.

What is the correct method of doing this ?
This is very crucial.

Thanks for your help.
Or.

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Offline files sync
This Group Policy setting only applies to XP, not Vista.

"Or Tsemah" <OrTsemah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My customer is having the following problem:
> He configured the GPO to make all of his production computers sync their
> Offline files during Logon\Logoff (Vista Enterprise)
> Now, the setting don't seem to have any effect at all.
>
> What is the correct method of doing this ?
> This is very crucial.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Or.

=?Utf-8?B?T3IgVHNlbWFo?=

Re: Offline files sync
So what can i Do ?

"Jill Zoeller [MSFT]" wrote:

> This Group Policy setting only applies to XP, not Vista.

> Want to learn more about Windows file and storage technologies? Visit our
> team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/default.aspx.
>

> "Or Tsemah" <OrTsemah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My customer is having the following problem:
> > He configured the GPO to make all of his production computers sync their
> > Offline files during Logon\Logoff (Vista Enterprise)
> > Now, the setting don't seem to have any effect at all.
> >
> > What is the correct method of doing this ?
> > This is very crucial.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Or.

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Offline files sync
Vista Offline Files does not offer a sync-at-logoff behavior. This was
removed to eliminate one of the predominant performance issues delaying
logoff in Windows XP. In Vista, Offline Files now has a service process
that performs synchronization for the user in the background.
Synchronization is not continuous but it does occur at opportune times such
as logon and scope offline->online transitions.