All Dialup Connections Suddenly Fail

Andrew Green

All Dialup Connections Suddenly Fail
Hi,

I have a really odd problem with my Vista Ultimate install. Yesterday
all my dial up networking connections (to remote client sites and
internet) were working fine but today I can't get any of them to work.

I have tried 3 different modems and countless different dialup
providers and I always get the following error logged into the event
log:

Event ID: 20227
Source: RasClient

CoID={522ABF49-21DA-484F-8545-A66EB61591F0}: The user **** dialed a
connection named ANZ BCTG which has failed. The error code returned on
failure is 31.

I have called Microsoft to log a priority support call but was told
there is no support at Microsoft for Vista until 1st Feb.

Can someone please tell me what error 31 means?

Thanks,
Andrew
Chad Harris

Re: All Dialup Connections Suddenly Fail

"Chad Harris" <getsomevistainfoout.net> wrote in message

> [...]

> internet) were working fine but today I can't get any of them to work.
>
> I have tried 3 different modems and countless different dialup
> providers and I always get the following error logged into the event
> log:
>
> Event ID: 20227
> Source: RasClient
>
> CoID={522ABF49-21DA-484F-8545-A66EB61591F0}: The user **** dialed a
> connection named ANZ BCTG which has failed. The error code returned on
> failure is 31.
>
> I have called Microsoft to log a priority support call but was told
> there is no support at Microsoft for Vista until 1st Feb.
>
> Can someone please tell me what error 31 means?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Chad Harris

Re: All Dialup Connections Suddenly Fail

1) Any help in errors from Event Viewer?
2) I doubt your modem needs an update.
3) How about trying system restore to pointe before you lost the connection?

I can't find anything helpful on the error info you gave.

CH

"Andrew Green" <green@NOSPAMnewtongreen.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a really odd problem with my Vista Ultimate install. Yesterday
> all my dial up networking connections (to remote client sites and
> internet) were working fine but today I can't get any of them to work.
>
> I have tried 3 different modems and countless different dialup
> providers and I always get the following error logged into the event
> log:
>
> Event ID: 20227
> Source: RasClient
>
> CoID={522ABF49-21DA-484F-8545-A66EB61591F0}: The user **** dialed a
> connection named ANZ BCTG which has failed. The error code returned on
> failure is 31.
>
> I have called Microsoft to log a priority support call but was told
> there is no support at Microsoft for Vista until 1st Feb.
>
> Can someone please tell me what error 31 means?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Andrew Green

Re: All Dialup Connections Suddenly Fail
Hi,

The event viewer only shows the information listed below, clicking the
online link takes me to a Microsoft webpage that says there is no
additional information on that particular error.

I have tried a system restore that I know it worked but I still get
the same error.

I'll take the laptop to an alternate location and try it from there, I
guess its possible the phone line has somehow changed.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Andrew

>Andrew--
>
>1) Any help in errors from Event Viewer?
>2) I doubt your modem needs an update.
>3) How about trying system restore to pointe before you lost the connection?
>
>I can't find anything helpful on the error info you gave.
>
>CH
>

>"Andrew Green" <green@NOSPAMnewtongreen.com> wrote in message
>news:68laq2dfc02702ars09gurfhrfhsikckdh@4ax.com.. .
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a really odd problem with my Vista Ultimate install. Yesterday
>> all my dial up networking connections (to remote client sites and
>> internet) were working fine but today I can't get any of them to work.
>>
>> I have tried 3 different modems and countless different dialup
>> providers and I always get the following error logged into the event
>> log:
>>
>> Event ID: 20227
>> Source: RasClient
>>
>> CoID={522ABF49-21DA-484F-8545-A66EB61591F0}: The user **** dialed a
>> connection named ANZ BCTG which has failed. The error code returned on
>> failure is 31.
>>
>> I have called Microsoft to log a priority support call but was told
>> there is no support at Microsoft for Vista until 1st Feb.
>>
>> Can someone please tell me what error 31 means?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew

mat2911

Re: All Dialup Connections Suddenly Fail

I have exactly the same problem. Suddenly error 31 on every modem
connection (gprs, umts, internal modem, mobile phone etc.). I tried to
solve the problem with support hotlines from dell, vodafone,
fujitsu-siemens and microsoft. No solution, except new installation of
vista. Can anybody HELP?

--
mat2911