RE: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

=?Utf-8?B?aW5kaWFuYWJlY2s=?=

RE: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?
I have a similar problem. I don't know if the amount of time is random
though. Here is what I'm trying:

Change the setting: "Microsoft network server: Amount of idle time required
before suspending a session" - The maximum one can set it to is 99999. We'll
see if this solves the problem.

Local Security Policie\Security Options\Microsoft network server: Amount of

"S8ER" wrote:

> I have a few mapped drives that I use in our domain. After a random period
> of time they drop offline and when I attempt to access them i receive "The
> System Detected a possible Attempt to Compromise Security. Please ensure
> that you can contact the server that authenticated you."
>
> When you click ok the drives remain unavailable and I am unable to remap
> them as the remote server is unreachable. I have deleted the cached
> credentials in the past and restored connnectivity but at this time I have no
> cached credentials and no resolution.
> I found a fix for 2003 Server regarding maxicmp requests or something. Is
> this related or a new problem?

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIFM=?=

RE: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?
You guys ever figure this out. This started happening to me when I upgraded
to Vista. I map to my 64 Bit Windows Server (which is another domain) . I
can map drives just fine, but when I try to run and setup.exe program I get
that security error. I have to copy the files locally then run them.

"indianabeck" wrote:

> I have a similar problem. I don't know if the amount of time is random
> though. Here is what I'm trying:
>
> Change the setting: "Microsoft network server: Amount of idle time required
> before suspending a session" - The maximum one can set it to is 99999. We'll
> see if this solves the problem.
>
> Local Security Policie\Security Options\Microsoft network server: Amount of
> idle time required before suspending a session
>
> "S8ER" wrote:
>
> > I have a few mapped drives that I use in our domain. After a random period
> > of time they drop offline and when I attempt to access them i receive "The
> > System Detected a possible Attempt to Compromise Security. Please ensure
> > that you can contact the server that authenticated you."
> >
> > When you click ok the drives remain unavailable and I am unable to remap
> > them as the remote server is unreachable. I have deleted the cached
> > credentials in the past and restored connnectivity but at this time I have no
> > cached credentials and no resolution.
> > I found a fix for 2003 Server regarding maxicmp requests or something. Is
> > this related or a new problem?

=?Utf-8?B?UzhFUg==?=

RE: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?
Unfortunately the only "solution" I ended up with was not using any mapped
drives.

I will try the posted solution and see if that helps me out any.

Thanks guys.