network drives drop

=?Utf-8?B?aW5kaWFuYWJlY2s=?=

network drives drop
Every night all of my connections to network drives get disconnected. I have
to log off and log in to the domain again to re-map them. As long as the
computer is active, they stay connected. It's a AD and all the XP/Windows
Server 2000/Windows Server 2003 machines do not have this problem. Visa
Business "Gold".
=?Utf-8?B?aW5kaWFuYWJlY2s=?=

RE: network drives drop
I think I may have found the setting I need to change. "Microsoft network
server: Amount of idle time required before suspending a session" - The
maximum one can set it to is 99999. We'll see if this solves the problem.

Local Security Policie\Security Options\Microsoft network server: Amount of

"indianabeck" wrote:

> Every night all of my connections to network drives get disconnected. I have
> to log off and log in to the domain again to re-map them. As long as the
> computer is active, they stay connected. It's a AD and all the XP/Windows
> Server 2000/Windows Server 2003 machines do not have this problem. Visa
> Business "Gold".

indianabeck

Re: network drives drop
It didn't help. It appears that the user is logged out of the domain and has
to log off and back on. None of the XP/Win2K/Win2K3 machines have this
problem.

Da

"indianabeck" <indianabeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think I may have found the setting I need to change. "Microsoft network
> server: Amount of idle time required before suspending a session" - The
> maximum one can set it to is 99999. We'll see if this solves the problem.
>
> Local Security Policie\Security Options\Microsoft network server: Amount
> of
> idle time required before suspending a session
>
> "indianabeck" wrote:
>
>> Every night all of my connections to network drives get disconnected. I
>> have
>> to log off and log in to the domain again to re-map them. As long as the
>> computer is active, they stay connected. It's a AD and all the XP/Windows
>> Server 2000/Windows Server 2003 machines do not have this problem. Visa
>> Business "Gold".

David A. Beck

Re: network drives drop
I found the solution. support.microsoft.com Q297684

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic e\lanmanworkstation\parameters
autodisconnect. I set this to ffffffff and the problem is solved. I still
see a red X in My Computer but the mapping is not lost.

Dab
"indianabeck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message
> It didn't help. It appears that the user is logged out of the domain and
> has to log off and back on. None of the XP/Win2K/Win2K3 machines have this
> problem.
>
> Da
>
> "indianabeck" <indianabeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I think I may have found the setting I need to change. "Microsoft network
>> server: Amount of idle time required before suspending a session" - The
>> maximum one can set it to is 99999. We'll see if this solves the problem.
>>
>> Local Security Policie\Security Options\Microsoft network server: Amount
>> of
>> idle time required before suspending a session
>>
>> "indianabeck" wrote:
>>
>>> Every night all of my connections to network drives get disconnected. I
>>> have
>>> to log off and log in to the domain again to re-map them. As long as the
>>> computer is active, they stay connected. It's a AD and all the
>>> XP/Windows
>>> Server 2000/Windows Server 2003 machines do not have this problem. Visa
>>> Business "Gold".

vletoh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a common issue in all Windows versions. I'm using Network Drive Manager to solve this issue. Works excellent!

rustyc is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista computers lose network, xp computers do not
We have a domain running windows server 2003. We have a number of xp computers, 2 of which we just replaced with vista 64 machines. The 2 Vista machines constantly lose thier network connectivity on a random basis. The xp computers are not affected.

We tried the fix at Q297684, but it didn't help.

The interesting thing is that we are running virtual machines on both vista systems. One with xp, the second with windows 98. The virtual machines do not lose their network connectivity.

The computers cannot be logged back into the network until they are rebooted. We get an error message that states "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you"

Last edited by rustyc : 06-12-2008 at 16:48. Reason: Additional information