Cant Logon to Domain - Time/Date difference between client and server?

Scott Townsend

Cant Logon to Domain - Time/Date difference between client and server?
I've installed Vista and have added it to our Win2003/Win2000 AD Domain.
That seemed to go well. I rebooted and went to log into the domain and it
gives me an Error say that there is a time and or date difference between
the client and the server.

If I enter a Wrong password it tells me so.

I've gone in and set the time to the time of the server, though that didn't
seem to help.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you,
Scott<-

Troy McClure

Re: Cant Logon to Domain - Time/Date difference between client and server?
your time should be set from the PDC fsmo role holder when you log on.
although Kerberos wont let you get to that point if the difference between
you and the pdc is too big...
hhmmm.... logon local, set the time to within a few seconds of the time on
the pdc, reboot, then try

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
> I've installed Vista and have added it to our Win2003/Win2000 AD Domain.
> That seemed to go well. I rebooted and went to log into the domain and it
> gives me an Error say that there is a time and or date difference between
> the client and the server.
>
> If I enter a Wrong password it tells me so.
>

> I've gone in and set the time to the time of the server, though that
> didn't seem to help.
>

> Any Suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Scott<-

=?Utf-8?B?RW1vcnkgVGVjaA==?=

RE: Cant Logon to Domain - Time/Date difference between client and ser
Check the time in the bios of the machine, chances are they are set wrong. I
had this issue a while back when I had a system with a failing cmos battery.

"Scott Townsend" wrote:

> I've installed Vista and have added it to our Win2003/Win2000 AD Domain.
> That seemed to go well. I rebooted and went to log into the domain and it
> gives me an Error say that there is a time and or date difference between
> the client and the server.
>
> If I enter a Wrong password it tells me so.
>

> I've gone in and set the time to the time of the server, though that didn't
> seem to help.
>

> Any Suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Scott<-

Scott Townsend

Re: Cant Logon to Domain - Time/Date difference between client and ser
Thank you both for your replies.

I tried to set the time with in a second or two and that didn;t seem to
help. I messed with the Times on the differnet DCs and then rebooted the
Vista machine and was able to get back in.

Though now I've installed some Software that requires a reboot and now I
cant get back in.

Time is right... did a: net time /domain:<domain> /set /y

sets the time.

resync'd time everywhere and still no go... I'll reboot again and see..

Thanks,
Scott<-

news828EAC4-4AC7-48E4-805B-E4EF823B27EA@microsoft.com...