8021x AuthMode=2 PEAP

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQ2F0?=

8021x AuthMode=2 PEAP
At work we are running 8021x on our wired network, with clients (upto XP
SP2), configured to authenticate based on Computer Name, rather than user. We
are forcing computer authentication using the "AuthMode=2" DWORD registry
entry.

This was deployed after some instruction from a Microsoft Document
"Deployment of IEEE 802.1X for Wired Networks Using Microsoft Windows".

On page 34 of the above document, the details are provided for setting up
the registry key to force comuter authentication.

I can't find this information (yet) for Windows Vista (I'm running the
latest MSDN release installed 10 Jan 2007).

Has anyone else done this, or com across how to force computer account
authentication , rather than user account authentication, on Vista?

Mike

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQ2F0?=

RE: 8021x AuthMode=2 PEAP
found the anwser at this post: >
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...4437&SiteID=17

"TheCat" wrote:

> At work we are running 8021x on our wired network, with clients (upto XP
> SP2), configured to authenticate based on Computer Name, rather than user. We
> are forcing computer authentication using the "AuthMode=2" DWORD registry
> entry.
>
> This was deployed after some instruction from a Microsoft Document
> "Deployment of IEEE 802.1X for Wired Networks Using Microsoft Windows".
>
> On page 34 of the above document, the details are provided for setting up
> the registry key to force comuter authentication.
>
> I can't find this information (yet) for Windows Vista (I'm running the
> latest MSDN release installed 10 Jan 2007).
>
> Has anyone else done this, or com across how to force computer account
> authentication , rather than user account authentication, on Vista?
>
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?REI=?=

RE: 8021x AuthMode=2 PEAP
I realize you answered your own questions, but THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
I'd been looking for that information for more than a week now.