RE: Can't see DHCP Scope and AD Question.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVu?=

RE: Can't see DHCP Scope and AD Question.
I have loaded Vista RTM and have had an issue with the DHCP tool as well.
Same issue as Daniel. I ran the script to register all the DLLs, but the
tool still does not work.
I'm assuming these are known issues. Does anyone know if/when there will be
a good 2003 admin pak available that is Vista compatible?

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work at my company's IT Department and since yesterday, I'm testing Vista
> Business (RTM). I do tech support and, as was the case when using XP, I
> installed
> the Windows Server 2003 Admin Pak tools. I have two questions regarding it:
>
> 1) When opening the DHCP tool, and adding a server, I can't see its scope.
> When expanding the server tree, I'm only shown the "Server Options", nothing
> else.
>
> 2) We have several domains, and when administering different domain's ADs, I
> would do a "Run As" for the AD Users and Computers and run it with that
> domain's admin. Now, when I shift+rightclick and choose "Run As", the app
> opens to my default domain, doesn't allow me to choose with which user to run.
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?c2FicmVhZG1pbg==?=

RE: Can't see DHCP Scope and AD Question.
Same here. I suspect the number of users experiencing this issue is larger
than just the few mentioned here.

"Steven" wrote:

> I have loaded Vista RTM and have had an issue with the DHCP tool as well.
> Same issue as Daniel. I ran the script to register all the DLLs, but the
> tool still does not work.
> I'm assuming these are known issues. Does anyone know if/when there will be
> a good 2003 admin pak available that is Vista compatible?
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I work at my company's IT Department and since yesterday, I'm testing Vista
> > Business (RTM). I do tech support and, as was the case when using XP, I
> > installed
> > the Windows Server 2003 Admin Pak tools. I have two questions regarding it:
> >
> > 1) When opening the DHCP tool, and adding a server, I can't see its scope.
> > When expanding the server tree, I'm only shown the "Server Options", nothing
> > else.
> >
> > 2) We have several domains, and when administering different domain's ADs, I
> > would do a "Run As" for the AD Users and Computers and run it with that
> > domain's admin. Now, when I shift+rightclick and choose "Run As", the app
> > opens to my default domain, doesn't allow me to choose with which user to run.
> >
> > Thanks

RamaSubbu SK

Re: Can't see DHCP Scope and AD Question.
Hi all,
This is known issue. This will be fixed in SP1 of VISTA.
Thanks
-RamaSubbu SK