RE: Sync Mobile 5 with Outlook 12 and Vista Beta 2

=?Utf-8?B?am9lcGFvbmU=?=

RE: Sync Mobile 5 with Outlook 12 and Vista Beta 2
Does anybody know if they fixed it yet. I've been having the same problem and
you are right. I have waited for a month and I am ready to go back to XP - I
did not think I would ever say that!

Sometimes my PDA connects and then in a few seconds the partnership ends! Is
this fixed in the RTM - I can not seem to get a clear answer on that from the
Windows Mobility site either!!

I remember that XP Service Pack 2 had the sme type of problem and was not
really fixed until a month after all the humdrum settled down!

--
Have a Great Microsoft Day

Sincerely,

Joe Paone
joepaone@msn.com
cell: 843-267-3998

"jknixon" wrote:

> That's great for synchronizing stuff our kids might use--pictures and
> movies--but how about the applications your real purchasers really need in
> order to make the money to buy your software, i.e., our outlook calendars,
> contacts, e-mail, etc.? By delaying the synch update you are alienating
> your early adopters. These are the very folks who would otherwise be giving
> glowing recomendations to others about Vista, i.e., your best word of mouth
> advertisers. Not a smart marketing move from world's best marketing company
> (and occaisionally software company), Microsoft. Get a move on, Uncle Bill !
>
> "Chris S" wrote:
>
> > New information from MS:
> >
> > Windows Vista Beta 2 features built-in support for Windows Mobile-powered
> > devices for the very first time with the new Windows Mobile Device Center.
> > Instead of installing ActiveSync to use our devices, our device drivers are
> > now part of Windows Vista. Due to this built-in functionality, installation
> > of ActiveSync is blocked.
> >
> > Windows Mobile Device Center can perform "Guest" functionality similar to
> > ActiveSync, but with some new and exciting features. With Windows Mobile
> > Device Center, you will be able to browse your device, synchronize media
> > using Windows Media Player, and even play media files and view pictures and
> > documents directly from the device. Our devices will be able to connect with
> > Windows Vista via Bluetooth, USB or infrared.
> >
> > An update to the Windows Mobile Device Center will be available shortly on
> > Windows Update. With this update, you will be able to create partnerships
> > and synchronize your Windows Mobile-powered device with Outlook. Stay tuned!
> >

> > --
> > AMD-FX-60
> > 2gb OCZ Plat. memory
> > ATI 1800 AIW
> > 2x74gb Raptors in RAID-0
> > 2x400gb WD HDD in RAID-1
> > Epox Nvidia-4 Ultra M/B
> > Senior Member Overclockers.com
> >

> > "Wolfgang" wrote:
> >
> > > How can i sync my Outlook with Mobile 5 (Qtec 9100).
> > > I work with Vista Beta 2 and Office 12 Beta 2
> > >
> > > The Connection with Mobile Device Center works, access from Vista to files
> > > on mobile device works. But i didn´t found an opportunity to sync Outlook
> > > data like Calendar, Contacts....
> > >
> > > thx for information

=?Utf-8?B?RS1Db2Rlcg==?=

RE: Sync Mobile 5 with Outlook 12 and Vista Beta 2
Has anyone seen a fix yet??? I'm using Vista Enterprise RTM and it still will
not recognize my device.

"joepaone" wrote:

> Does anybody know if they fixed it yet. I've been having the same problem and
> you are right. I have waited for a month and I am ready to go back to XP - I
> did not think I would ever say that!
>
> Sometimes my PDA connects and then in a few seconds the partnership ends! Is
> this fixed in the RTM - I can not seem to get a clear answer on that from the
> Windows Mobility site either!!
>
> I remember that XP Service Pack 2 had the sme type of problem and was not
> really fixed until a month after all the humdrum settled down!
>
> --
> Have a Great Microsoft Day
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joe Paone
> joepaone@msn.com
> cell: 843-267-3998
>

> "jknixon" wrote:
>
> > That's great for synchronizing stuff our kids might use--pictures and
> > movies--but how about the applications your real purchasers really need in
> > order to make the money to buy your software, i.e., our outlook calendars,
> > contacts, e-mail, etc.? By delaying the synch update you are alienating
> > your early adopters. These are the very folks who would otherwise be giving
> > glowing recomendations to others about Vista, i.e., your best word of mouth
> > advertisers. Not a smart marketing move from world's best marketing company
> > (and occaisionally software company), Microsoft. Get a move on, Uncle Bill !
> >
> > "Chris S" wrote:
> >
> > > New information from MS:
> > >
> > > Windows Vista Beta 2 features built-in support for Windows Mobile-powered
> > > devices for the very first time with the new Windows Mobile Device Center.
> > > Instead of installing ActiveSync to use our devices, our device drivers are
> > > now part of Windows Vista. Due to this built-in functionality, installation
> > > of ActiveSync is blocked.
> > >
> > > Windows Mobile Device Center can perform "Guest" functionality similar to
> > > ActiveSync, but with some new and exciting features. With Windows Mobile
> > > Device Center, you will be able to browse your device, synchronize media
> > > using Windows Media Player, and even play media files and view pictures and
> > > documents directly from the device. Our devices will be able to connect with
> > > Windows Vista via Bluetooth, USB or infrared.
> > >
> > > An update to the Windows Mobile Device Center will be available shortly on
> > > Windows Update. With this update, you will be able to create partnerships
> > > and synchronize your Windows Mobile-powered device with Outlook. Stay tuned!
> > >

> > > --
> > > AMD-FX-60
> > > 2gb OCZ Plat. memory
> > > ATI 1800 AIW
> > > 2x74gb Raptors in RAID-0
> > > 2x400gb WD HDD in RAID-1
> > > Epox Nvidia-4 Ultra M/B
> > > Senior Member Overclockers.com

=?Utf-8?B?am9lcGFvbmU=?=

RE: Sync Mobile 5 with Outlook 12 and Vista Beta 2
You can not sych with Outlook Beta 12 until you buy it. The update for Vista
will only appear on the Production version if it is available yet. If Vists
does work, then you must purchase Outlook 12 - synch will not work with the
Beta. That I know for sure!!!!
--
Have a Great Microsoft Day

Sincerely,

Joe Paone
joepaone@msn.com
cell: 843-267-3998

"E-Coder" wrote:

> Has anyone seen a fix yet??? I'm using Vista Enterprise RTM and it still will
> not recognize my device.
>
> "joepaone" wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know if they fixed it yet. I've been having the same problem and
> > you are right. I have waited for a month and I am ready to go back to XP - I
> > did not think I would ever say that!
> >
> > Sometimes my PDA connects and then in a few seconds the partnership ends! Is
> > this fixed in the RTM - I can not seem to get a clear answer on that from the
> > Windows Mobility site either!!
> >
> > I remember that XP Service Pack 2 had the sme type of problem and was not
> > really fixed until a month after all the humdrum settled down!
> >
> > --
> > Have a Great Microsoft Day
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Joe Paone
> > joepaone@msn.com
> > cell: 843-267-3998
> >

> > "jknixon" wrote:
> >
> > > That's great for synchronizing stuff our kids might use--pictures and
> > > movies--but how about the applications your real purchasers really need in
> > > order to make the money to buy your software, i.e., our outlook calendars,
> > > contacts, e-mail, etc.? By delaying the synch update you are alienating
> > > your early adopters. These are the very folks who would otherwise be giving
> > > glowing recomendations to others about Vista, i.e., your best word of mouth
> > > advertisers. Not a smart marketing move from world's best marketing company
> > > (and occaisionally software company), Microsoft. Get a move on, Uncle Bill !

=?Utf-8?B?RS1Db2Rlcg==?=

RE: Sync Mobile 5 with Outlook 12 and Vista Beta 2
I'm not using any BETA whatsoever. I'm using a clean install of Vista
Enterprise and Office 2007 Professional. I did try Windows Mobile BETA 3 with
no success before I went with a clean image.

Eric