ppc 6700

=?Utf-8?B?dG1hbnNj?=

ppc 6700
just bought ppc 6700 from sprint and downloaded wmdc. can't get it to detect.
help please.
AJR

Re: ppc 6700
Curious here - what is "ppc" and "wmdc" and to detect what?

"tmansc" <tmansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> just bought ppc 6700 from sprint and downloaded wmdc. can't get it to
> detect.
> help please.

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: ppc 6700
"tmansc" <tmansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> just bought ppc 6700 from sprint and downloaded wmdc. can't get it to
> detect.
> help please.

I would post this to the microsoft.public.smartphone news group...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

David Hettel

Re: ppc 6700
ppc is Pocket PC
wmdc is Windows Mobile Device Center new name for Improved ActiveSync

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

no rights.

"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Curious here - what is "ppc" and "wmdc" and to detect what?
>
> "tmansc" <tmansc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> just bought ppc 6700 from sprint and downloaded wmdc. can't get it to
>> detect.
>> help please.

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIFR1cm5idWxs?=

RE: ppc 6700
This worked for me with a PPC-6700 (Windows Mobile Devioce Center Beta 3) and
is what MS suggests (from what I could gather):

Just download and install the above - be patient - the install takes a long
time. Used the Sync Center to
I used Outlook to sync and not Exchange (only tried contacts & calendar).

It stopped working however after I installed the proper SQL Server 2005
Express at:

and Visual Studio 2005

"tmansc" wrote:

> just bought ppc 6700 from sprint and downloaded wmdc. can't get it to detect.
> help please.

=?Utf-8?B?dG1hbnNj?=

RE: ppc 6700
Downled and installed but now:

PPC 6700 from Sprint. Running Vista RC1 with Live One Care Beta. Connecting
and
reading but when it attempts to sync it just immitates it with all the right
symbyology but it never completes. What's going on? Anyone?

"Don Turnbull" wrote:

> This worked for me with a PPC-6700 (Windows Mobile Devioce Center Beta 3) and
> is what MS suggests (from what I could gather):

> Just download and install the above - be patient - the install takes a long
> time. Used the Sync Center to
> I used Outlook to sync and not Exchange (only tried contacts & calendar).
>
> It stopped working however after I installed the proper SQL Server 2005
> Express at:
>
> and Visual Studio 2005
>
> "tmansc" wrote:
>
> > just bought ppc 6700 from sprint and downloaded wmdc. can't get it to detect.
> > help please.

=?Utf-8?B?RS1Db2Rlcg==?=

RE: ppc 6700
I clicked on that link and this is what I got:

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this
message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a
Download" area on the Download Center home page.

I'm having the same problems as listed above. It also will not let me use my
PDA as a modem b/c it won't recognize the drivers.