where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbGwzbmczcg==?=

where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?
hi,

in win xp, i used a tool called TweakMaster v1.7. which allowed me to change
MaxMTU, MSS & RcvWin of dialup adaptor.

when i used these settings, i get about ~10KB/s html websites and ~5-6KB/s
for zip/exe downloading.

now i installed vista. that tool is not working with vista, says
incompatible version. and i'm now getting 2.3KB/s fow downloading, and
~3-4KB/s for browsing :|

now i wanna know where i should put these setting in vista registry?

i know the values, i know the folmula to calculate new values. all i wanna
know is exactly where should i put these setting in vista registry?

many thanks,

// chall3ng3r //
=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

RE: where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?
The TCPIP engine in Vista has new self tuning algorithms, so
these parameters are no longer applicable.

--PA

"chall3ng3r" wrote:
> hi,
>
> in win xp, i used a tool called TweakMaster v1.7. which allowed me to change
> MaxMTU, MSS & RcvWin of dialup adaptor.
>
> when i used these settings, i get about ~10KB/s html websites and ~5-6KB/s
> for zip/exe downloading.
>
> now i installed vista. that tool is not working with vista, says
> incompatible version. and i'm now getting 2.3KB/s fow downloading, and
> ~3-4KB/s for browsing :|
>
> now i wanna know where i should put these setting in vista registry?
>
> i know the values, i know the folmula to calculate new values. all i wanna
> know is exactly where should i put these setting in vista registry?
>
> many thanks,
>
> // chall3ng3r //

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbGwzbmczcg==?=

RE: where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?
is there any way i can set these manually?

i know which settings works best with my ISP. so i just wanna set them
manually.

// chall3ng3r //

"Pavel A." wrote:

> The TCPIP engine in Vista has new self tuning algorithms, so
> these parameters are no longer applicable.
>
> --PA
>
> "chall3ng3r" wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > in win xp, i used a tool called TweakMaster v1.7. which allowed me to change
> > MaxMTU, MSS & RcvWin of dialup adaptor.
> >
> > when i used these settings, i get about ~10KB/s html websites and ~5-6KB/s
> > for zip/exe downloading.
> >
> > now i installed vista. that tool is not working with vista, says
> > incompatible version. and i'm now getting 2.3KB/s fow downloading, and
> > ~3-4KB/s for browsing :|
> >
> > now i wanna know where i should put these setting in vista registry?
> >
> > i know the values, i know the folmula to calculate new values. all i wanna
> > know is exactly where should i put these setting in vista registry?
> >
> > many thanks,
> >
> > // chall3ng3r //

mikeyhsd

Re: where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?
Vista has an AUTO TUNING feature that adjusts itself constantly.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Pavel A." wrote:

> The TCPIP engine in Vista has new self tuning algorithms, so
> these parameters are no longer applicable.
>
> --PA
>
> "chall3ng3r" wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > in win xp, i used a tool called TweakMaster v1.7. which allowed me to change
> > MaxMTU, MSS & RcvWin of dialup adaptor.
> >
> > when i used these settings, i get about ~10KB/s html websites and ~5-6KB/s
> > for zip/exe downloading.
> >
> > now i installed vista. that tool is not working with vista, says
> > incompatible version. and i'm now getting 2.3KB/s fow downloading, and
> > ~3-4KB/s for browsing :|
> >
> > now i wanna know where i should put these setting in vista registry?
> >
> > i know the values, i know the folmula to calculate new values. all i wanna
> > know is exactly where should i put these setting in vista registry?
> >
> > many thanks,
> >
> > // chall3ng3r //

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbGwzbmczcg==?=

Re: where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?
hi,

so why it doesn't AUTO TUNNED itself in 17 days??

i'm still getting 3KB/s. and i know if i tune it manualy i'll get 5KB/s on
my dialup. bcoz i've been using these settings with my ISP for last 18
months. i every time i reinstalled win xp, i just set them, and i got 5KB/s
at average. but on vista, im stuck with 3KB/s.

this 2KB/s difference is a bit too much for me. so i just don't wanna lose
it :|

// chall3ng3r //

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> Vista has an AUTO TUNING feature that adjusts itself constantly.
>

> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>

> "chall3ng3r" <chall3ng3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD465AF2-7E04-456B-9FF8-8253EB149879@microsoft.com...
> is there any way i can set these manually?
>
> i know which settings works best with my ISP. so i just wanna set them
> manually.
>
> // chall3ng3r //
>
> "Pavel A." wrote:
>
> > The TCPIP engine in Vista has new self tuning algorithms, so
> > these parameters are no longer applicable.
> >
> > --PA
> >
> > "chall3ng3r" wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > in win xp, i used a tool called TweakMaster v1.7. which allowed me to change
> > > MaxMTU, MSS & RcvWin of dialup adaptor.
> > >
> > > when i used these settings, i get about ~10KB/s html websites and ~5-6KB/s
> > > for zip/exe downloading.
> > >
> > > now i installed vista. that tool is not working with vista, says
> > > incompatible version. and i'm now getting 2.3KB/s fow downloading, and
> > > ~3-4KB/s for browsing :|
> > >
> > > now i wanna know where i should put these setting in vista registry?
> > >
> > > i know the values, i know the folmula to calculate new values. all i wanna
> > > know is exactly where should i put these setting in vista registry?
> > >
> > > many thanks,
> > >
> > > // chall3ng3r //

mikeyhsd

Re: where should i put MaxMTU, MSS, RcvWin settings?
it adjusts itself based on your isp's reponse.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com