How to remove share from Sync Center?

=?Utf-8?B?Vmly?=

How to remove share from Sync Center?
Hi!

I have problem with Vista's Sync Center - recently I`ve checked "Always
available offline" on some folder, just for test, and now I can't find an
option to remove that share from Sync's list. I`ve found on MSDN help some
tutorial about deleting entries, but there's no such option as "Delete" in
any contex menu (as described in mentioned tutorial).

Does Vista programmers have forgotten about this? Or I just can't find it?
Please, could anybody help me and say how to get rid of unwanted offline
syncs?

--
Vir
=?Utf-8?B?S3Jpc3RvZmVyIExpbGplYmxhZA==?=

RE: How to remove share from Sync Center?
Hi Vir,

Right click on the same folder and once again select "Always available
offline" (actually uncheck that option), and you should be done.

Regards,

Kristofer

"Vir" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have problem with Vista's Sync Center - recently I`ve checked "Always
> available offline" on some folder, just for test, and now I can't find an
> option to remove that share from Sync's list. I`ve found on MSDN help some
> tutorial about deleting entries, but there's no such option as "Delete" in
> any contex menu (as described in mentioned tutorial).
>
> Does Vista programmers have forgotten about this? Or I just can't find it?
> Please, could anybody help me and say how to get rid of unwanted offline
> syncs?
>
> --
> Vir

=?Utf-8?B?Vmly?=

RE: How to remove share from Sync Center?
> Right click on the same folder and once again select "Always available
> offline" (actually uncheck that option), and you should be done.

Hi, nope that wouldn't work - there is no such option.
It was recently, but using it didn't work anyway - after unchecking that
option nothing happend. Now, as the folder is offline due to changes I made
to that share (turned off sharing on host), that option even isn't there.

I can see that folder in Network window, it says that it's off-line, but I
can't remove it. When it was on-line I was unable to remove it anyway

--
Thanks for your reply
Vir
=?Utf-8?B?TGluazUyODA=?=

RE: How to remove share from Sync Center?
Have the same problem. I sync'ed a network drive then unchecked the "Always
Available Offline", however it still shows up in the Sync Center program as a
Sync Partnership. It doesnt appear to have retained network files locally,
but it retians some traces. It should remove everything. Looks like an
oversight by the programmers.

"Vir" wrote:

> > Right click on the same folder and once again select "Always available
> > offline" (actually uncheck that option), and you should be done.

> Hi, nope that wouldn't work - there is no such option.
> It was recently, but using it didn't work anyway - after unchecking that
> option nothing happend. Now, as the folder is offline due to changes I made
> to that share (turned off sharing on host), that option even isn't there.
>
> I can see that folder in Network window, it says that it's off-line, but I
> can't remove it. When it was on-line I was unable to remove it anyway
>
> --
> Thanks for your reply
> Vir

DrewHart

RE: How to remove share from Sync Center?
This one stumped me for ages and I tried most things. One thing that worked
for me was to do a search in help for the page titled: Manage disk space
for offline files.

This then allows you to open offline files in control panel on the computer
with the sync and then remove the sync. Obscure way of doing it but it
worked for me.

Hope it does the same for you.

Cheers

Drew

Link5280 wrote:
>Have the same problem. I sync'ed a network drive then unchecked the "Always
>Available Offline", however it still shows up in the Sync Center program as a
>Sync Partnership. It doesnt appear to have retained network files locally,
>but it retians some traces. It should remove everything. Looks like an
>oversight by the programmers.
>
>> > Right click on the same folder and once again select "Always available
>> > offline" (actually uncheck that option), and you should be done.

>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>> Thanks for your reply
>> Vir

Plus One

"DrewHart" wrote:

> This one stumped me for ages and I tried most things. One thing that worked
> for me was to do a search in help for the page titled: Manage disk space
> for offline files.
>
> This then allows you to open offline files in control panel on the computer
> with the sync and then remove the sync. Obscure way of doing it but it
> worked for me.
>
> Hope it does the same for you.
>
> Cheers
>
> Drew
>

> Link5280 wrote:
> >Have the same problem. I sync'ed a network drive then unchecked the "Always
> >Available Offline", however it still shows up in the Sync Center program as a
> >Sync Partnership. It doesnt appear to have retained network files locally,
> >but it retians some traces. It should remove everything. Looks like an
> >oversight by the programmers.

> >[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
> >> Thanks for your reply
> >> Vir

Deleting the files there does not remove the folder from the sync menu, how
do you get rid of that?
Elcirian

RE: How to remove share from Sync Center?
I have tried everything else as well. I have stumbled across a workaround.
It's not the most efficient, but it does get rid of the icon and the
relationship. Those sync center settings are bound to the user account. So
if you are up for it, you can create a new account, copy across all your
docs, desktop, favs, etc. into the new account and delete the old one. Only
way I've found to get rid of the share.