ADSI Schema Cache Download at login script

=?Utf-8?B?UmljYXJkIFBpw7FvbA==?=

ADSI Schema Cache Download at login script
We are encountering a very rare situation…The scenario is Windows Vista
Enterprise and users logging in an Active Directory Domain. From my
understanding, when using ADSI or accessing to Active Directory
programmatically, a copy of the schema cache is downloaded and saved for
being used.

This cache file in XP was in %windir%\schcache, and in Vista it relies in
%localappdata%\microsoft\windows\schcache. This way the user has privileges
and UAC do not interfere. This however makes that each user that logs in,
maintains and downloads a copy of the schema cache, but this can be avoided
by this article:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...si_and_uac.asp

The problem we have is that every time a user logs in, this cache is being
downloaded despite it already was previously downloaded and without any
changes to the AD schema…This has a huge impact on the login script process
because it takes in addition a long time (don’t know why) to download the
file before it starts processing the ADSI portion on the login script. In my
opinion, it should be downloaded only if the schema changed…

Curious that if I execute the login script directly (double click) it
executes in milliseconds…and when processing the login script I can see the
..sch file being generated because it takes 5/6 minutes (I can see how it
grows 1kb, 3kb, 5kb, ...).

I have found someone with a similar issue
http://groups.google.es/group/micros...7ce03726c441b9

Checking the modifyTimeStamp on the subSchemaSubEntry we have found
disparate values from Domain Controller to Domain Controller. Is this correct?

Any idea would be appreciated!
Ricard