internet connection

jennidill

internet connection
I recently got a new computer with the Vista Operating system and I was
amazed at how clear the picture was but when I hooked up my isp connection it
would only work for a little and then it would say you are no longer
connected to the internet. I had the isp company come out and look at my
connection and it was working fine so I brought the computer back and got the
exact same one and it did the same thing. Does anyone know why it does this?
The only way I can make it work is by restoring the computer's factory
settings which is a pain. I even spent countless time on the phone with Dell
and no one can figure out the problem.
Axel Göller

Re: internet connection
jennidill typed:

> I recently got a new computer with the Vista Operating system and I
> was amazed at how clear the picture was but when I hooked up my isp
> connection it would only work for a little and then it would say you
> are no longer connected to the internet.

Give all information about your infrastructure (router, modem, WLAN, network
adapter, ...)
Axel

jennidill

Re: internet connection
um I believe what you're asking me is what kind of modem and it's a Toshiba
and the computer is a Dell Inspiron 531 I don't know what else you mean I am
not computer savvy I don't have a wireless router or any kind it's a cable
modem and let me know where to look for the WLAN.

"Axel Göller" wrote:

> jennidill typed:
>
> > I recently got a new computer with the Vista Operating system and I
> > was amazed at how clear the picture was but when I hooked up my isp
> > connection it would only work for a little and then it would say you
> > are no longer connected to the internet.

> Give all information about your infrastructure (router, modem, WLAN, network
> adapter, ...)
> Axel

Axel Göller

Re: internet connection
jennidill typed:
> um I believe what you're asking me is what kind of modem and it's a
> Toshiba and the computer is a Dell Inspiron 531 I don't know what
> else you mean I am not computer savvy I don't have a wireless router
> or any kind it's a cable modem and let me know where to look for the
> WLAN.

With the little knowledge you have it is not easy to explain to you what to
do.
Better you have an expert help you to establish your configuration. It
should be a matter of one hour. to pay for.
Axel