Re: Can't connect using VPN

Antibiyotik

Re: Can't connect using VPN
Using VPN on Vista Ultimate 6000 without any problem...

Working as well...

"DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am on Vista RTM.
>
> When I try to create a VPN connection, it refuses to use my Internet
> Connection. It ends up creating a Dial-up connection that shows up as
> Unavailable - Device missing.
>
> I have turned of Firewall and One-Care.
>
> I have done this a million times in XP and it just works.
>
> How do I do this in Vista?
> --
> DB

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBCYWlsZXk=?=

Re: Can't connect using VPN
Okay, I'm running Vista Ultimate but I'm not sure what Vista Ultimate 6000 is.

The problem is present in Vista, but it is intermittent. It seems to occur
if you have more than one network card, but only one of which is active,
although I am basing this on the fact that my desktop with a single network
card has not had the issue whereas my laptop often has the problem. I have a
loopback adapter setup for use with Virtual PC instances and a network card
that is often not connected and neither of these have internet connections,
but my wireless connection does provide me with connectivity to the internet.
Sometimes the Connect To section does not recognize the internet connection
for some reason.

The work around has already been posted, but you can always connect if you
go through the Network and Sharing Center and select Manage Network
Connections. Aparently this interface either detects the internet connection
or does not check for the internet connection and will let you connect the
vpn regardless.

"Antibiyotik" wrote:

> Using VPN on Vista Ultimate 6000 without any problem...
>
> Working as well...
>

> "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am on Vista RTM.
> >
> > When I try to create a VPN connection, it refuses to use my Internet
> > Connection. It ends up creating a Dial-up connection that shows up as
> > Unavailable - Device missing.
> >
> > I have turned of Firewall and One-Care.
> >
> > I have done this a million times in XP and it just works.
> >
> > How do I do this in Vista?
> > --
> > DB

=?Utf-8?B?REI=?=

Re: Can't connect using VPN
John,

Thanks for the reply.

There is only 1 NIC.

It is not intermittent. It fails each and every time.

You mention a work around has already been posted. Where?

Thanks,--
DB