RE: After waking from hybernation no internet?

=?Utf-8?B?d2Fsa2VyaA==?=

RE: After waking from hybernation no internet?
I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.

"Tucker" wrote:

> After my computer wakes from its sleep i lose connection to the internet and
> my home network. The only way to get the internet back is to restart the
> computer. Neone know an answer to this problem?
>
> I have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router, but all my connections are
> hardwire and not wireless and use a generic internet modem from charter comm.

=?Utf-8?B?U2xvYW4=?=

RE: After waking from hybernation no internet?
I'm chiming in to going the club on this one. I've got a Dell Latitude D620
with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to
connect after waking up from sleep/hibernating is driving me nuts.

jimvernon2003@gmail.com

On Feb 13, 3:51 pm, Sloan <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm chiming in to going the club on this one. I've got a Dell Latitude D620
> with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to
> connect after waking up from sleep/hibernating is driving me nuts.
>
> "walkerh" wrote:
> > I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
> > problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
> > hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
> > reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.

> > "Tucker" wrote:

> > > After my computer wakes from its sleep i lose connection to the internet and
> > > my home network. The only way to get the internet back is to restart the
> > > computer. Neone know an answer to this problem?

> > > I have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router, but all my connections are
> > > hardwire and not wireless and use a generic internet modem from charter comm.

I'm having a similar issue on my new Gateway laptop. After coming
back from hibernation, my wireless card will not find any networks
until I reboot.

=?Utf-8?B?TkUgS2plbmRsaWU=?=

"jimvernon2003@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Feb 13, 3:51 pm, Sloan <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I'm chiming in to going the club on this one. I've got a Dell Latitude D620
> > with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to
> > connect after waking up from sleep/hibernating is driving me nuts.
> >
> > "walkerh" wrote:
> > > I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
> > > problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
> > > hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
> > > reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.

> I'm having a similar issue on my new Gateway laptop. After coming
> back from hibernation, my wireless card will not find any networks
> until I reboot.

=?Utf-8?B?TkUgS2plbmRsaWU=?=

Re: After waking from hybernation no internet?
Have the same problem, running wpa encryption, I tried going for wep instead,
and
then the problem was gone, but still have no idea of what causes the problem

"jimvernon2003@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Feb 13, 3:51 pm, Sloan <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I'm chiming in to going the club on this one. I've got a Dell Latitude D620
> > with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to
> > connect after waking up from sleep/hibernating is driving me nuts.
> >
> > "walkerh" wrote:
> > > I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
> > > problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
> > > hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
> > > reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.

> I'm having a similar issue on my new Gateway laptop. After coming
> back from hibernation, my wireless card will not find any networks
> until I reboot.

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: After waking from hybernation no internet?
Try to re-set power save option on the NIC this post may help,

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: intermittent connectionsA: The intermittent connections may cause by the faulty power save options on the NIC. To check that, open the NIC Properties>Configuration>Power Management ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...766556 f6c75f

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

"walkerh" wrote:

> I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
> problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
> hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
> reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.
>
> "Tucker" wrote:
>
> > After my computer wakes from its sleep i lose connection to the internet and
> > my home network. The only way to get the internet back is to restart the
> > computer. Neone know an answer to this problem?
> >
> > I have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router, but all my connections are
> > hardwire and not wireless and use a generic internet modem from charter comm.

=?Utf-8?B?cGN6ZXJueQ==?=

Re: After waking from hybernation no internet?
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem with a new HP dv9208 laptop. The only reliable
solution that I've come up with is to disable the apapter before I put it
into hibernate and enable the adapter after the machine comes back up. I've
installed all the new drivers and turned off power saving etc.

Hope this is of help.

--
Paul Czerny

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Try to re-set power save option on the NIC this post may help,
>
> chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: intermittent connectionsA: The intermittent connections may cause by the faulty power save options on the NIC. To check that, open the NIC Properties>Configuration>Power Management ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...766556 f6c75f
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Sloan" <Sloan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22048B28-558E-4C74-9CD8-A3BAB8F5B2DD@microsoft.com...
> I'm chiming in to going the club on this one. I've got a Dell Latitude D620
> with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to
> connect after waking up from sleep/hibernating is driving me nuts.
>
> "walkerh" wrote:
>
> > I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
> > problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
> > hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
> > reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.
> >
> > "Tucker" wrote:
> >
> > > After my computer wakes from its sleep i lose connection to the internet and
> > > my home network. The only way to get the internet back is to restart the
> > > computer. Neone know an answer to this problem?
> > >
> > > I have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router, but all my connections are
> > > hardwire and not wireless and use a generic internet modem from charter comm

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTY290dA==?=

Re: After waking from hybernation no internet?
I have a similar problem with my Toshiba A105 Satellite. I seem to lose
connection coming out of standby. The wireless network reconnects. But is now
in local mode only with router. I try to repair it by renewing address but it
says it cannot fix. The only solution I found was to delete the wireless
connections and add the wireless network back in. Lot's of problems!! I think
I will go back to XP.

"pczerny" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a similar problem with a new HP dv9208 laptop. The only reliable
> solution that I've come up with is to disable the apapter before I put it
> into hibernate and enable the adapter after the machine comes back up. I've
> installed all the new drivers and turned off power saving etc.
>
> Hope this is of help.
>
> --
> Paul Czerny
>

> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
> > Try to re-set power save option on the NIC this post may help,
> >
> > chicagotech.net :: View topic - Solved: intermittent connectionsA: The intermittent connections may cause by the faulty power save options on the NIC. To check that, open the NIC Properties>Configuration>Power Management ...
> > http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...766556 f6c75f
> >

> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "Sloan" <Sloan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22048B28-558E-4C74-9CD8-A3BAB8F5B2DD@microsoft.com...
> > I'm chiming in to going the club on this one. I've got a Dell Latitude D620
> > with an Intel 3945abg adapter running Vista Ultimate RTM. The inability to
> > connect after waking up from sleep/hibernating is driving me nuts.
> >
> > "walkerh" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having this same problem with Vista RTM, on a Dell laptop that had no
> > > problems sleeping or hibernating. With Vista, after waking up from sleep or
> > > hibernate it can't find my wireless network and the only fix I've found is to
> > > reboot it. This makes sleep and hibernate pretty much useless features.

=?Utf-8?B?V2luZHkgR2Vvcmdl?=

Re: After waking from hybernation no internet?
I did find a way around this that is a partial fix. I have set a scheduled
task to bring my system out of hibernation. The OS is Vista Home Premium on
an HP 1730. The first action of that task is to start Internet Explorer with
the Internet options set to 'always dial my connection.' I do not need or
want IE at this time but it does get the internet connection turned on. Then
a subsequent scheduled task goes to the Internet to download a file.

Windy George