Multiple network configuration

stefano

Multiple network configuration
As I need to change frequently the tcp/ip network settings of my notebook
while visiting customers I used a 3rd party program ( multinetwork
manager ) with XP .
I'd like to know if such feature is presetn in Vista or still we have to
rely on 3rd party software

Thanks
Stefano

=?Utf-8?B?a20=?=

RE: Multiple network configuration
I am on Vista Ultimate x86 rtm and have to rely on 3rd party appl for such
task. The network management has been improved in Vista Ultimate, at least to
my point of view, however there is no profile feature which would
hold/remember IP/LAN/WAN/WLAN settings. I do rely for this on
http://www.mobilenetswitch.com, which in its current beta is tested for Vista
compatibility as the IP stack of Vista is different than XP

"stefano" wrote:

> As I need to change frequently the tcp/ip network settings of my notebook
> while visiting customers I used a 3rd party program ( multinetwork
> manager ) with XP .
> I'd like to know if such feature is presetn in Vista or still we have to
> rely on 3rd party software
>
> Thanks
> Stefano

Jeff

Re: Multiple network configuration
huh?
ya lost me,
I travel to, and through lots of networks, and it remembers all of em .
confused wifi guy=Jeff

Jeff

"km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am on Vista Ultimate x86 rtm and have to rely on 3rd party appl for such
> task. The network management has been improved in Vista Ultimate, at least
> my point of view, however there is no profile feature which would
> hold/remember IP/LAN/WAN/WLAN settings. I do rely for this on
> http://www.mobilenetswitch.com, which in its current beta is tested for
> Vista
> compatibility as the IP stack of Vista is different than XP
>
> "stefano" wrote:
>
>> As I need to change frequently the tcp/ip network settings of my notebook
>> while visiting customers I used a 3rd party program ( multinetwork
>> manager ) with XP .
>> I'd like to know if such feature is presetn in Vista or still we have to
>> rely on 3rd party software
>>
>> Thanks
>> Stefano

=?Utf-8?B?a20=?=

Re: Multiple network configuration
Jo Jeff, Vista does remember networks, but it does not remember IP settings
nor does it switch to the respective IP if static, execept of course for
DHCP, now does it? In case I am so mistaken please be so kind and share your
insight as e.g. I would love to use that feature in Vista.

"Jeff" wrote:

> huh?
> ya lost me,
> I travel to, and through lots of networks, and it remembers all of em .
> confused wifi guy=Jeff
>
> Jeff
>
> "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am on Vista Ultimate x86 rtm and have to rely on 3rd party appl for such
> > task. The network management has been improved in Vista Ultimate, at least
> > my point of view, however there is no profile feature which would
> > hold/remember IP/LAN/WAN/WLAN settings. I do rely for this on
> > http://www.mobilenetswitch.com, which in its current beta is tested for
> > Vista
> > compatibility as the IP stack of Vista is different than XP
> >
> > "stefano" wrote:
> >
> >> As I need to change frequently the tcp/ip network settings of my notebook
> >> while visiting customers I used a 3rd party program ( multinetwork
> >> manager ) with XP .
> >> I'd like to know if such feature is presetn in Vista or still we have to
> >> rely on 3rd party software
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Stefano

Jeff

Re: Multiple network configuration
km,
you're prolly not mistaken, just in my travels, never have had issues.
lucky maybe,

> Jo Jeff, Vista does remember networks, but it does not remember IP
> settings
> nor does it switch to the respective IP if static, execept of course for
> DHCP, now does it? In case I am so mistaken please be so kind and share
> your
> insight as e.g. I would love to use that feature in Vista.
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> huh?
>> ya lost me,
>> I travel to, and through lots of networks, and it remembers all of em .
>> confused wifi guy=Jeff
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am on Vista Ultimate x86 rtm and have to rely on 3rd party appl for
>> >such
>> > task. The network management has been improved in Vista Ultimate, at
>> > least
>> > my point of view, however there is no profile feature which would
>> > hold/remember IP/LAN/WAN/WLAN settings. I do rely for this on
>> > http://www.mobilenetswitch.com, which in its current beta is tested for
>> > Vista
>> > compatibility as the IP stack of Vista is different than XP

stefano

Re: Multiple network configuration
Km
thanks for the link to the product . It looks like it's also free , isn't
it ?
Stefano