missing option on set up a connection or network

=?Utf-8?B?YXJiaWVfcG9naQ==?=

missing option on set up a connection or network
when i open the set up connection or network wizard from network and sharing
center i cannot see the option "Set up a network" on the wizard. I only see
the Connect to the Internet, Set up wireless router or access point, Set up
dial-up connection and connect to a workplace option.
is anyone know a solution for this? thank you in advance.

I am using Windows Vista RC1 and trying to network my Windows XP Pro.
Both have LAN and IEEE1394.

Thank you again

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Bruce Sanderson

Re: missing option on set up a connection or network
Perhaps what you mean is:

Start
Control Panel
Network and Sharing Center
Manage Network Connections

You should see your Local Area Connections there. Right click on the one
you want to configure, select Properties (same concepts as in XP).

The "Set up a network" wizard appears to be only for wireless and VPN
network configurations, not LAN connections.
--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders

"arbie_pogi" <arbie_pogi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i open the set up connection or network wizard from network and
> sharing
> center i cannot see the option "Set up a network" on the wizard. I only
> see
> the Connect to the Internet, Set up wireless router or access point, Set
> up
> dial-up connection and connect to a workplace option.
> is anyone know a solution for this? thank you in advance.
>
> I am using Windows Vista RC1 and trying to network my Windows XP Pro.
> Both have LAN and IEEE1394.
>
> Thank you again

> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

=?Utf-8?B?YXJiaWVfcG9naQ==?=

Re: missing option on set up a connection or network
yes your right