Re: Can't connect using VPN

Brad

Re: Can't connect using VPN
Are you going to control panel - internet options - connection - setup a
vpn?

"DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am on Vista RTM.
>
> When I try to create a VPN connection, it refuses to use my Internet
> Connection. It ends up creating a Dial-up connection that shows up as
> Unavailable - Device missing.
>
> I have turned of Firewall and One-Care.
>
> I have done this a million times in XP and it just works.
>
> How do I do this in Vista?
> --
> DB

=?Utf-8?B?REI=?=

Re: Can't connect using VPN
Tried this way as well. Same problems.
--
DB

"Brad" wrote:

> Are you going to control panel - internet options - connection - setup a
> vpn?
>
> "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am on Vista RTM.
> >
> > When I try to create a VPN connection, it refuses to use my Internet
> > Connection. It ends up creating a Dial-up connection that shows up as
> > Unavailable - Device missing.
> >
> > I have turned of Firewall and One-Care.
> >
> > I have done this a million times in XP and it just works.
> >
> > How do I do this in Vista?
> > --
> > DB

Kevin

Re: Can't connect using VPN
I am also having this issue. I created VPN connections and it says that
"This connection requires a Active Internet connection. I can't even force
it to try and connect.

> Tried this way as well. Same problems.
> --
> DB
>

> "Brad" wrote:
>
>> Are you going to control panel - internet options - connection - setup a
>> vpn?
>>
>> "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am on Vista RTM.
>> >
>> > When I try to create a VPN connection, it refuses to use my Internet
>> > Connection. It ends up creating a Dial-up connection that shows up as
>> > Unavailable - Device missing.
>> >
>> > I have turned of Firewall and One-Care.
>> >
>> > I have done this a million times in XP and it just works.
>> >
>> > How do I do this in Vista?
>> > --
>> > DB

Kevin

Re: Can't connect using VPN
Well ,this is odd. If I go in through Network and MAnage the network
connections I can click on the VPN and connect. But it gives me that "This
connection requires a internet connection" error if I go through "Connect
to"

"Kevin" <kcarpenter@viewpointleather.comREMOVEME> wrote in message
>I am also having this issue. I created VPN connections and it says that
>"This connection requires a Active Internet connection. I can't even force
>it to try and connect.
>
> "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Tried this way as well. Same problems.
>> --
>> DB
>>

>> "Brad" wrote:
>>
>>> Are you going to control panel - internet options - connection - setup a
>>> vpn?

Dinesh Agarwal

Re: Can't connect using VPN
Hi,
I see two problems mentioned here and need some data to better
understand these
1> Creating the VPN connection w/o Internet connectivity fails

Creating a vpn connection would check if you have internet
connectivity or not - and if there is no internet connectivity it would give
you an option to create a
dialup/broadband connection. You can choose to first create
dialup/broadband connection if required OR ignore this. Even after ignoring
creation of dialup connection, it will still proceed to
create the VPN connection - you should make sure that you select the option
of 'Not connecting the vpn connection after Creating it'.
In case it is still not working can you provide me with the
logs? Steps to take collect logs are:
- From elevated command prompt, run:
- netsh ras set tracing * en
- repro your scenario
- netsh ras set tracing * dis
- collect the logs at %SystemRoot%\tracing, zip

2> VPN connection not getting connected from 'Connect To' dialog but
working fine from 'Manage Network Connection'.
I would need to see the logs to determine what the issue is.
Can you please provide the logs as explained above?
Are you by any chance working on a FUS - Fast User Switch
(i.e. a user logger in and then using switch user, log in as another user)?
Any other machine detail/scenario would help to
narrow down the scope.

Thanks,
Dinesh.
[This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]