Can't get uPNP working

=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlaW5U?=

Can't get uPNP working
Hi,

I have a D-Link DI624 router and recently installed windows vista.
However, I can't get upnp working. I tried to help a friend (who use
winxp) with remote assistance, but no go...no ports were mapped on the
router and no connection achieved. I also have tried uTorrent and tried
it's uPnP mode, but it can't assign any ports. So how come it doesn't
work in Vista when it worked fine in XP? Any idea?

Thanks
SveinT
Barb Bowman

Re: Can't get uPNP working
what firmware are you using? many people with issues find that using
any version of firmware listed as compatible on the Xbox site will
work OK but other, newer versions have issues.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlaW5U?=

Re: Can't get uPNP working
Thanks for your answer.

I tried to downgrade to an older version (2.54) (not specifically listed on
the xbox live site though, having a hard time to get hold of those). but
things are still not working. That said, I tried an uPNP status program which
allowed me to manually configure a port, but still not working with remote
assistance and uTorrent (VPN isn't working either, but that could be a
totally different issue). I find it weird that it's not working seeing as it
worked under XP. I guess I can look some more for an older firmware, but they
were unstable last time I tried them.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> what firmware are you using? many people with issues find that using
> any version of firmware listed as compatible on the Xbox site will
> work OK but other, newer versions have issues.
>
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 04:52:00 -0800, SveinT
> <SveinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a D-Link DI624 router and recently installed windows vista.
> >However, I can't get upnp working. I tried to help a friend (who use
> >winxp) with remote assistance, but no go...no ports were mapped on the
> >router and no connection achieved. I also have tried uTorrent and tried
> >it's uPnP mode, but it can't assign any ports. So how come it doesn't
> >work in Vista when it worked fine in XP? Any idea?
> >
> >Thanks
> >SveinT

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

=?Utf-8?B?U3ZlaW5U?=

Re: Can't get uPNP working
Hi again,

Got hold of 2.70 which is supposed to be supported, but it made no
difference....this is starting to get on my nerves

Any more suggestions please?

Thanks,
SveinT

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> what firmware are you using? many people with issues find that using
> any version of firmware listed as compatible on the Xbox site will
> work OK but other, newer versions have issues.
>
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 04:52:00 -0800, SveinT
> <SveinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a D-Link DI624 router and recently installed windows vista.
> >However, I can't get upnp working. I tried to help a friend (who use
> >winxp) with remote assistance, but no go...no ports were mapped on the
> >router and no connection achieved. I also have tried uTorrent and tried
> >it's uPnP mode, but it can't assign any ports. So how come it doesn't
> >work in Vista when it worked fine in XP? Any idea?
> >
> >Thanks
> >SveinT

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Can't get uPNP working
have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults?
can you list what else is on your network?

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 05:56:01 -0800, SveinT