Other computeres cannot connect to Mine

=?Utf-8?B?Tm90IFN1cGVyIFVzZXI=?=

Other computeres cannot connect to Mine
I am running RC1 on a duel boot system. I can see all of the other computers
on my network and have set up the printers off of those computers. But when
it comes to them being able to see me it is not happening. I can ping both
ways (with one care fire wall off) but the Win 2000 and Xp boxes cannot even
see me on the network. I have turned on evey share I could find but I still
cannot been seen.

As a further problem I cannot get into my Network Drive from this computer
while I am in Vista.

Any ideas I am about out of pateince with this Windows Vista thing?

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?aHlkcm8xOTU2?=

RE: Other computeres cannot connect to Mine
-Have you checked that WIN firewall has taken exception to blocking "file and
printer sharing."
-Is your Vista machine is a pre-loaded one with McAfee, if so disable
McAfee's firewall.
-Above cured my ills for Vista/XP machiones, but I still cannot work the
2000-pro machines back into the network. If you find a solution, let me know.
-Installing LLTD protocol update on your XP machines will allow them to be
mapped on vista machine. (This does not solve any sharing/access isssues, its
just nice)

"Not Super User" wrote:

> I am running RC1 on a duel boot system. I can see all of the other computers
> on my network and have set up the printers off of those computers. But when
> it comes to them being able to see me it is not happening. I can ping both
> ways (with one care fire wall off) but the Win 2000 and Xp boxes cannot even
> see me on the network. I have turned on evey share I could find but I still
> cannot been seen.
>
> As a further problem I cannot get into my Network Drive from this computer
> while I am in Vista.
>
> Any ideas I am about out of pateince with this Windows Vista thing?
>
> Thanks

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Other computeres cannot connect to Mine
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

"Not Super User" wrote:

> I am running RC1 on a duel boot system. I can see all of the other computers
> on my network and have set up the printers off of those computers. But when
> it comes to them being able to see me it is not happening. I can ping both
> ways (with one care fire wall off) but the Win 2000 and Xp boxes cannot even
> see me on the network. I have turned on evey share I could find but I still
> cannot been seen.
>
> As a further problem I cannot get into my Network Drive from this computer
> while I am in Vista.
>
> Any ideas I am about out of pateince with this Windows Vista thing?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Tm90IFN1cGVyIFVzZXI=?=

RE: Other computeres cannot connect to Mine
I have gone through Win Firewall and gone so far as to tunr it right off. No
other firewalls installed. I managed to find a place to change the domian
name but I stillcould not log into my network drive. I can log into all the
other computers on my network. All this is pretty well useless unless I can
accees this drive.

Thanks for the tip on the LLTD protocol update I'll get that and try it. For
the most part I think this vista O/S is pretty much a wast of time and I am
really glad that I put it on a duel boot system.

Here is another thing I tried installing the software that comes with the
Network drive and came up with a bunch of errors and had to give up!

My next move is to try a clean install of Vista Business into that partition
and see what happens. I doubt that it will make any difference.

My last rant is that contacting Microsoft about this is about that same as
yelling a the moon - No use! Use thge ignore it theory if you ignore the
problem long enough then it will go away!