Re: optimizing wireless

Paula Allen

Re: optimizing wireless
Running Vista RC1 build 5600 on a Dell E1505. My Intel 3945abg wireless does
the exact same things. The router is a Linksys wireless. The other four
computers in my house (all Dells, too) have no problem staying connected to
the little wireless network I've had configured for two years. My Vista
laptop, however, seems to have a problem holding the network ID settings,
and keeps going back to "Workgroup" instead of the actual workgroup name.
It also seems to have this system hiccup at the most inopportune times (near
the end of the Office 2007 download, for instance). But I take into
consideration I'm running a beta OS (as well as other MS beta software), and
consider myself lucky to be able to run the machine in anything beside "safe
mode."

Paula

"Jeff" <S.Cerevesiae@duh.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> looks like a bug in the display
> -running the same nic,
> and if you look at it through Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network
> Connections;
> it's fine, 100%
>
> Jeff
>
> "Chad" <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My wireless shows in the meter as "good", middle bars not full. This is
>> not
>> normal as I'm in the same room as the router and XP always showed
>> "excellent"
>> and full bars. I reset my router and rebooted, restarted the modem as
>> well.
>> Is there some optimization needed for this in Vista?
>>
>> Sony Vaio laptop
>> Core 2 Duo
>> Vista RTM
>> Belkin Pre-N Router
>> Intel Pro / 3945ABG Wireless

Jeff

Re: optimizing wireless
Paula,

If I remember correctly, RC1 did have issues like that.
I have the exact same hardware-e1505, intel 3945abg, and a linksys router
too.
that's not happening in later builds or RTM,little consolation to you;at the
moment,sorry,
but that did get resolved.

Jeff