netware

Julio Giron

netware
Hi everybody,

I have bought a PC with Windows Vista but now I am discovering that I can
not see some shared devices and most important I can not see my server, it
runs in Netware (on XP netware service client was enought) . Does any one
knows how to see a netware PC on Win Vista or if there is any software or
patch to let me see that system on my PC?

Otherwise I may buy a Win XP and uninstall Win Vista.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Julio.
julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt

Chuck [MVP]

Re: netware
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:21:21 -0600, "Julio Giron" <julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt>
wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I have bought a PC with Windows Vista but now I am discovering that I can
>not see some shared devices and most important I can not see my server, it
>runs in Netware (on XP netware service client was enought) . Does any one
>knows how to see a netware PC on Win Vista or if there is any software or
>patch to let me see that system on my PC?
>
>Otherwise I may buy a Win XP and uninstall Win Vista.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Julio.
>julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt

Julio,

Is this a Netware server using IPX/SPX? If so, go for Windows XP, or contact
Novell. Windows Vista does not provide a NetWare client or the IPX/SPX
protocol.
<http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/26e41adf-f1b6-4ca9-b5d7-adf162300bc31033.mspx?mfr=true>

Cheers,
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
My email is AT DOT
actual address pchuck mvps org.
Julio Locatelli

Re: netware
Julio

you can download the novell client for vista from the link below

regards

http://download.novell.com/index.jsp...by=&x=39& y=7

"Chuck [MVP]" <none@example.net> escribió en el mensaje
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:21:21 -0600, "Julio Giron"
> <julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>I have bought a PC with Windows Vista but now I am discovering that I can
>>not see some shared devices and most important I can not see my server, it
>>runs in Netware (on XP netware service client was enought) . Does any one
>>knows how to see a netware PC on Win Vista or if there is any software or
>>patch to let me see that system on my PC?
>>
>>Otherwise I may buy a Win XP and uninstall Win Vista.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>>Julio.
>>julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt

> Julio,
>
> Is this a Netware server using IPX/SPX? If so, go for Windows XP, or
> contact
> Novell. Windows Vista does not provide a NetWare client or the IPX/SPX
> protocol.
> <http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/26e41adf-f1b6-4ca9-b5d7-adf162300bc31033.mspx?mfr=true>
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
>
> --
> Cheers,
> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
> My email is AT DOT
> actual address pchuck mvps org.

Chuck [MVP]

Re: netware
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:11:58 -0300, "Julio Locatelli"
<jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote:

>"Chuck [MVP]" <none@example.net> escribió en el mensaje
>news:0iq3j35rjfq4nj370ecj2evjd78an196sq@4ax.com.. .
>> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:21:21 -0600, "Julio Giron"
>> <julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi everybody,
>>>
>>>I have bought a PC with Windows Vista but now I am discovering that I can
>>>not see some shared devices and most important I can not see my server, it
>>>runs in Netware (on XP netware service client was enought) . Does any one
>>>knows how to see a netware PC on Win Vista or if there is any software or
>>>patch to let me see that system on my PC?
>>>
>>>Otherwise I may buy a Win XP and uninstall Win Vista.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance for your help.
>>>
>>>Julio.
>>>julio.giron@siegwerk.com.gt

>> Julio,
>>
>> Is this a Netware server using IPX/SPX? If so, go for Windows XP, or
>> contact
>> Novell. Windows Vista does not provide a NetWare client or the IPX/SPX
>> protocol.
>> <http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/26e41adf-f1b6-4ca9-b5d7-adf162300bc31033.mspx?mfr=true>
>> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

>Julio
>
>you can download the novell client for vista from the link below
>
>regards
>
>http://download.novell.com/index.jsp...by=&x=39& y=7

Thanks, Julio. Do you know if this is IPX/SPX based, or simply Netware Over IP?