Networking stops working daily

Michael Henderson

Networking stops working daily
Networking on my Vista computer stops working on a daily basis (DNS, VPN,
accessing local files on an XP machine).

Rebooting resolves the issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Michael

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Networking stops working daily
Are you using wireless?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Michael Henderson" <michaelh@nospam12.mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Networking on my Vista computer stops working on a daily basis (DNS, VPN,
> accessing local files on an XP machine).
>
> Rebooting resolves the issue.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
> Michael

Michael Henderson

Re: Networking stops working daily
No; Also, if I put the computer in sleep mode, after resuming, networking
sometimes works and sometimes does not work.

Most instances, I have to reboot after resuming.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Networking stops working daily
Perhaps you should try to use power High Performance. Please post back with
the result.

--

> No; Also, if I put the computer in sleep mode, after resuming, networking
> sometimes works and sometimes does not work.
>
> Most instances, I have to reboot after resuming.

Noddy

Re: Networking stops working daily
I have the same problem and has been a problem for about 2 months
(since getting Vista). I have no problems with my networked XP
machines. I have tried telling the Marvell Yukon network card (built
into an ACER desktop PC) not to go to sleep all to no avail. I have
updated the drivers twice with no change. Is there a driver setting
that may help to resolve this problem or is this caused by Vista knows
best policy which Microsoft have crow barred in to the OS.

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:51:35 -0600, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
<noreply@chicagotech.net> wrote:

>Perhaps you should try to use power High Performance. Please post back with
>the result.

Michael Henderson

Re: Networking stops working daily
That appears to have done the trick.

Thanks.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Networking stops working daily
Thank you for the update.

--

> That appears to have done the trick.
>
> Thanks.

hogtowner

Re: Networking stops working daily
Great! So this will stop, If I DONT use the OS to it's full capabilities?
Wonderful!
dawn

RE: Networking stops working daily/sometimes my screen goes white also
hi michael,
as a matter of fact i am using the endlessly nightmarish dial up service,
but i tried rebooting and this didnt eliminate the problem. also i recently
downloaded "incredimail" and it prompted me to configure my computer to use
"pop 3" whatever that is i dont know because unfortunately im 40 years old
and we didnt get computer training in mid school and high school like our
kids do and im obviously ignorant to computers otherwise i would have never
chose "high speed dial up service" by the way i currently use windows vista
(if that matters)
lol
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thank you michael for your input if any.

"Michael Henderson" wrote:

> Networking on my Vista computer stops working on a daily basis (DNS, VPN,
> accessing local files on an XP machine).
>
> Rebooting resolves the issue.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
> Michael

dawn

Re: Networking stops working daily
hi noddy,
i too have windows vista and what my computer repair guy did inform me about
vista is that it is an information magnet, meaning if it is virused it would
probably need to be triple stamped over in order for vista to stop being able
to read to virus even after deletion and it being quaran****ed. now im not
saying your virused but if you have downloaded something that requires a
different server type that may be your problem and your system may just need
to have added additional servers.
hope this helps