Share removable media

Greg

Share removable media
Hi all

New to Vista (Home Premium). I have an Epson RX650 that has a built in
media card reader that is working fine on the computer it is connected to,
however the printer is shared with other users (who have an account also on
this computer) and I wanted to share the media card reader with other users
on another computer as I use to do with XPSP1, however I cannot for the life
of me get it work the way I need it to.

Initially I set it up and used Advanced Sharing as the share button when
right click on the media drive and select share from the menu, the share
button is not active. So I got it working or so I thought, but when the
media card is replaced with another the user is shown an error as being the
wrong card?

So how do I set-up a removable drive for sharing to other PC's on my network
that will continue to work even if media cards are swapped over to other
cards.

Thanks

Greg
Paolo

RE: Share removable media

"Greg" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> New to Vista (Home Premium). I have an Epson RX650 that has a built in
> media card reader that is working fine on the computer it is connected to,
> however the printer is shared with other users (who have an account also on
> this computer) and I wanted to share the media card reader with other users
> on another computer as I use to do with XPSP1, however I cannot for the life
> of me get it work the way I need it to.
>
> Initially I set it up and used Advanced Sharing as the share button when
> right click on the media drive and select share from the menu, the share
> button is not active. So I got it working or so I thought, but when the
> media card is replaced with another the user is shown an error as being the
> wrong card?
>
> So how do I set-up a removable drive for sharing to other PC's on my network
> that will continue to work even if media cards are swapped over to other
> cards.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

Paolo

RE: Share removable media
Dear Greg - How did you get your RX650 working with Vista? The Epson driver
is not available, with a warning that Vista is incompatible with the RX650.
I've used the software it came with, and it works, but I get get terrible
hangs on opening if I leave the printer connected.

Cheers, Paolo

"Greg" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> New to Vista (Home Premium). I have an Epson RX650 that has a built in
> media card reader that is working fine on the computer it is connected to,
> however the printer is shared with other users (who have an account also on
> this computer) and I wanted to share the media card reader with other users
> on another computer as I use to do with XPSP1, however I cannot for the life
> of me get it work the way I need it to.
>
> Initially I set it up and used Advanced Sharing as the share button when
> right click on the media drive and select share from the menu, the share
> button is not active. So I got it working or so I thought, but when the
> media card is replaced with another the user is shown an error as being the
> wrong card?
>
> So how do I set-up a removable drive for sharing to other PC's on my network
> that will continue to work even if media cards are swapped over to other
> cards.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

Paolo