Saving private network settings.

Darlene

Saving private network settings.
I would like to know if there is any way to save my preferences for my
network. I want my network on my computer to be a private computer so that
my other computer can use files other than the public files. I have no
problems changing it to a private network, but whenever I turn off and then
restart my computer I have to change the setting everytime to make it a
private network.
BurrWalnut

RE: Saving private network settings.
Vista network recognition is very slow, I wonder if you are looking at the
shared network folders too soon after booting.

"Darlene" wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any way to save my preferences for my
> network. I want my network on my computer to be a private computer so that
> my other computer can use files other than the public files. I have no
> problems changing it to a private network, but whenever I turn off and then
> restart my computer I have to change the setting everytime to make it a
> private network.

Darlene

RE: Saving private network settings.
I don't believe that is it, I don't have any problems getting on the network.
What I want is not to have to change from a public to a private network
everytime I reboot my computer.

"BurrWalnut" wrote:

> Vista network recognition is very slow, I wonder if you are looking at the
> shared network folders too soon after booting.
>
> "Darlene" wrote:
>
> > I would like to know if there is any way to save my preferences for my
> > network. I want my network on my computer to be a private computer so that
> > my other computer can use files other than the public files. I have no
> > problems changing it to a private network, but whenever I turn off and then
> > restart my computer I have to change the setting everytime to make it a
> > private network.

Len

RE: Saving private network settings.
Interestingly enough, this has just started to happen to me. In the past week
or so every time I reset the LAN adapter, which I am doing frequently because
my network is not functioning properly, it will reset as public, not private.
It had not done this before, nor had it reset as public on reboot. I don't
know if this has anything to do with your problem, but I am experiencing
considerable difficulty getting my Vista client to recognized the XP file
server.

Len Goodwin