Internet Explorer Disabling Wireless ??!

Johan Parin

Internet Explorer Disabling Wireless ??!
Hi all,

I just got a new HP laptop, which I'm connecting to a wireless AP which
is directly connected to the internet. Things worked fine for a while,
but now every time internet explorer is started, the Wireless Connection
(in Control Panel -> Network Connections) is disabled, and there is no
connecton to the internet. Before starting IE, it is possible to connect
with MSN Messenger, ICQ etc. The wireless icon shows "Limited
Connectivity" to my AP. There is an explanation mark between the comp
and the AP and a big red X between the AP and the internet. In device
manager, the wireless adapter device is enabled.

What could be the problem here?

Any help is appreciated.

/Johan
Ed

RE: Internet Explorer Disabling Wireless ??!
Johan, I am having a similar problem in setting up a new Vostro with
802.11draftN. However, if yours worked once, it also be that your IE got
corrupted by spyware.

Can you plug into a network connection? can you use Firefox? If firefox
works over wireless, and IE won't work over wired, you might try to insure no
viruses/spyware have messed up your HOSTS paths. Procedures at MajorGeeks.com

Otherwise, I'm in the same boat and have no answer.