About permission of offline files in Vista

MJ

About permission of offline files in Vista
Hi,

I'm now using Vista's offline files feature to synchronize my working
folders both on desktop and laptop. In particular, I created Visual
Studio solution files and source codes and make them offline available
for laptop. In order to this:

1. First, on the desktop, I've created new solution and source codes
by Visual Studio, and compiled the project (which means there are some
temporary files).

2. I'd like to use this Visual Studio project on my laptop while
network is disconnected. So, I turned on 'offline files' in network
mounted folders on the laptop.

3. Opening the solution files on my laptop perfectly works, but I
can't compile, that is, can't create temporary files on offline files
folder. For example, I got the following error:

1>crafty : error PRJ0008 : Could not delete file 'z:\Proj\crafty
\release\validate.obj'.
1>Make sure that the file is not open by another process and is not
write-protected.

In general, it seems that I don't have full permission on offline
files. I also can't delete folder as well. How can I manipulate
permission of offline files?

Thanks in advance,
MJ

MJ

Re: About permission of offline files in Vista
On Oct 29, 11:30 pm, MJ <art.orien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm now using Vista's offline files feature to synchronize my working
> folders both on desktop and laptop. In particular, I created Visual
> Studio solution files and source codes and make them offline available
> for laptop. In order to this:
>
> 1. First, on the desktop, I've created new solution and source codes
> by Visual Studio, and compiled the project (which means there are some
> temporary files).
>
> 2. I'd like to use this Visual Studio project on my laptop while
> network is disconnected. So, I turned on 'offline files' in network
> mounted folders on the laptop.
>
> 3. Opening the solution files on my laptop perfectly works, but I
> can't compile, that is, can't create temporary files on offline files
> folder. For example, I got the following error:
>
> 1>crafty : error PRJ0008 : Could not delete file 'z:\Proj\crafty
> \release\validate.obj'.
> 1>Make sure that the file is not open by another process and is not
> write-protected.
>
> In general, it seems that I don't have full permission on offline
> files. I also can't delete folder as well. How can I manipulate
> permission of offline files?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> MJ

Here is more simple example. Simply creating a new Visual C++ project
(such as MFC application) on offline folders, and compiling gives same
error: write-protected error. But, I can create any files and folders
with windows explorer on offline folders. Is it offline files bug, or
Visual Studio 2005 error?