I periodically lose network and internet connectivity

Omega929

I periodically lose network and internet connectivity
Periodically my desktop drops to limited or no network connectivity and has
no internet connection. This also happens whenever the desktop is
started/restarted. I have to reset both my modem and router to bring the
connection backup despite the other computers and the printer on the network
are connected and working properly.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: I periodically lose network and internet connectivity
Sounds like incompatible issue. Microsoft has a new update that may fix this
issue.

Windows Vista Update and download
Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Omega929" <Omega929@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Periodically my desktop drops to limited or no network connectivity and
> has
> no internet connection. This also happens whenever the desktop is
> started/restarted. I have to reset both my modem and router to bring the
> connection backup despite the other computers and the printer on the
> network
> are connected and working properly.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

Omega929

Re: I periodically lose network and internet connectivity
I installed the file that you recommended and the same symptoms remain. Are
there any other suggestions you may have?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Sounds like incompatible issue. Microsoft has a new update that may fix this
> issue.
>
> Windows Vista Update and download
> Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
> it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Omega929" <Omega929@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Periodically my desktop drops to limited or no network connectivity and
> > has
> > no internet connection. This also happens whenever the desktop is
> > started/restarted. I have to reset both my modem and router to bring the
> > connection backup despite the other computers and the printer on the
> > network
> > are connected and working properly.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

Jeffrey Randow

Re: I periodically lose network and internet connectivity
How long (timewise) is your DHCP Lease? It seems you have a very
short DHCP lease...

You can find this by typing in "ipconfig /all"
---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:50:01 -0800, Omega929
<Omega929@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I installed the file that you recommended and the same symptoms remain. Are
>there any other suggestions you may have?
>
>"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Sounds like incompatible issue. Microsoft has a new update that may fix this
>> issue.
>>
>> Windows Vista Update and download
>> Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
>> it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
>> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Omega929" <Omega929@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Periodically my desktop drops to limited or no network connectivity and
>> > has
>> > no internet connection. This also happens whenever the desktop is
>> > started/restarted. I have to reset both my modem and router to bring the
>> > connection backup despite the other computers and the printer on the
>> > network
>> > are connected and working properly.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

Omega929

Re: I periodically lose network and internet connectivity
THe DHCP lease is for 10 days from Nov 10th-20th.

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> How long (timewise) is your DHCP Lease? It seems you have a very
> short DHCP lease...
>
> You can find this by typing in "ipconfig /all"
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:50:01 -0800, Omega929
> <Omega929@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I installed the file that you recommended and the same symptoms remain. Are
> >there any other suggestions you may have?
> >
> >"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds like incompatible issue. Microsoft has a new update that may fix this
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> Windows Vista Update and download
> >> Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
> >> it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
> >> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com

Pete @ Bondi Beach, Australia.

Re: I periodically lose network and internet connectivity
I also have exact same problem here in Sydney. New desktop vista, gigabyte
m/board/realtec network card seems as though could be our problem?? had 2
hour pc tech around to fix/no luck. Faulty network card was his conclusion
.... maybe! My xp-pc/printer/apple tv etc always stays connected aswell. Tried
5 modems in last 16 days ... not their problem either. No solutions known @
Netgear or my net provider ... all say is motherboard problem aswell. HELP!!!
Had pc tested but all good/had Vista tested in safe mode but all good/no bugs
.... no virus on pc.