Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems

Sanity

Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems
I remote into my Vista machine from Windows Xp professional at school and
work. But today when I got home and logged back into my machine, my desktop
will not appear and my network connections are showing access denied..... All
I can see is the task bar, I am not sure what happened. I am running a memory
diagnostic right now...
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems
Have you rebooted the Vista?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Sanity" <Sanity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I remote into my Vista machine from Windows Xp professional at school and
> work. But today when I got home and logged back into my machine, my
> desktop
> will not appear and my network connections are showing access denied.....
> All
> I can see is the task bar, I am not sure what happened. I am running a
> memory
> diagnostic right now...

Sanity

Re: Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems
Rebooting did not help, the solution was just a system restore.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you rebooted the Vista?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Sanity" <Sanity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I remote into my Vista machine from Windows Xp professional at school and
> > work. But today when I got home and logged back into my machine, my
> > desktop
> > will not appear and my network connections are showing access denied.....
> > All
> > I can see is the task bar, I am not sure what happened. I am running a
> > memory
> > diagnostic right now...

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems
Thank you for the update.

--

> Rebooting did not help, the solution was just a system restore.
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Have you rebooted the Vista?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Sanity" <Sanity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I remote into my Vista machine from Windows Xp professional at school
>> >and
>> > work. But today when I got home and logged back into my machine, my
>> > desktop
>> > will not appear and my network connections are showing access
>> > denied.....
>> > All
>> > I can see is the task bar, I am not sure what happened. I am running a
>> > memory
>> > diagnostic right now...

Sanity

Re: Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems
Is the networking and sharing center supposed to show "Access Denied" when
viewing it?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Thank you for the update.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Sanity" <Sanity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Rebooting did not help, the solution was just a system restore.
> >
> > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you rebooted the Vista?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com

Sanity

RE: Windows Vista Remote Desktop causing problems
The problem with "Access Denied" and Unable to start network list service is
back again.