All computers connected to the router randomly disconnecting...

Nathan S

All computers connected to the router randomly disconnecting...
There are four computers in the house which are connected to the internet
through our DLink router. The three which aren't running vista can connect to
the internet fine and stay connected. But, whenever the computer that is
running vista connects to the router, all of the computers intermittently
disconnect from the network. This started happening early October and we've
been reluctant to act on it until now. We've researched similar cases and
what they've done to fix it and done so. Nothing has worked yet. I have
diagnosed this issue and sent the reports to Microsoft several times but have
not gotten a solution.
Any and all information on how we might be able to fix this problem would be
greatly appreciated. Everyone in the house is becoming extremely frustrated.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: All computers connected to the router randomly disconnecting...
We have a similar case that Vista always restarts the router. I don't
remember the fix. You may try Microsoft latest update. This link will give
you more information.

Windows Vista Update and download
Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Nathan S" <Nathan S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news40AEFCC-BDDE-42B6-A42D-2B51AB6EC0EA@microsoft.com...
> There are four computers in the house which are connected to the internet
> through our DLink router. The three which aren't running vista can connect
> the internet fine and stay connected. But, whenever the computer that is
> running vista connects to the router, all of the computers intermittently
> disconnect from the network. This started happening early October and
> we've
> been reluctant to act on it until now. We've researched similar cases and
> what they've done to fix it and done so. Nothing has worked yet. I have
> diagnosed this issue and sent the reports to Microsoft several times but
> have
> not gotten a solution.
> Any and all information on how we might be able to fix this problem would
> be
> greatly appreciated. Everyone in the house is becoming extremely
> frustrated.

Nathan S

Re: All computers connected to the router randomly disconnecting..
Thanks, I did install the update just a few minutes ago. If you remember the
fix then please tell me.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> We have a similar case that Vista always restarts the router. I don't
> remember the fix. You may try Microsoft latest update. This link will give
> you more information.
>
> Windows Vista Update and download
> Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
> it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Nathan S" <Nathan S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news40AEFCC-BDDE-42B6-A42D-2B51AB6EC0EA@microsoft.com...
> > There are four computers in the house which are connected to the internet
> > through our DLink router. The three which aren't running vista can connect
> > the internet fine and stay connected. But, whenever the computer that is
> > running vista connects to the router, all of the computers intermittently
> > disconnect from the network. This started happening early October and
> > we've
> > been reluctant to act on it until now. We've researched similar cases and
> > what they've done to fix it and done so. Nothing has worked yet. I have
> > diagnosed this issue and sent the reports to Microsoft several times but
> > have
> > not gotten a solution.
> > Any and all information on how we might be able to fix this problem would
> > be
> > greatly appreciated. Everyone in the house is becoming extremely
> > frustrated.

Nathan S

Re: All computers connected to the router randomly disconnecting..
*UPDATE* The update unfortunately didn't help with my problem. I was
disconnected shortly after posting my previous message, as were the other
computers on my network. Please make haste in remembering that fix.

"Nathan S" wrote:

> Thanks, I did install the update just a few minutes ago. If you remember the
> fix then please tell me.
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > We have a similar case that Vista always restarts the router. I don't
> > remember the fix. You may try Microsoft latest update. This link will give
> > you more information.
> >
> > Windows Vista Update and download
> > Microsoft just release a new update 941649 on 10/25/07. Based on our tests,
> > it does fix many incompatible issues and improve the reliability....
> > http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >

> > "Nathan S" <Nathan S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news40AEFCC-BDDE-42B6-A42D-2B51AB6EC0EA@microsoft.com...
> > > There are four computers in the house which are connected to the internet
> > > through our DLink router. The three which aren't running vista can connect
> > > the internet fine and stay connected. But, whenever the computer that is
> > > running vista connects to the router, all of the computers intermittently
> > > disconnect from the network. This started happening early October and
> > > we've
> > > been reluctant to act on it until now. We've researched similar cases and
> > > what they've done to fix it and done so. Nothing has worked yet. I have
> > > diagnosed this issue and sent the reports to Microsoft several times but
> > > have
> > > not gotten a solution.
> > > Any and all information on how we might be able to fix this problem would
> > > be
> > > greatly appreciated. Everyone in the house is becoming extremely
> > > frustrated.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: All computers connected to the router randomly disconnecting..
Do you have latest firmware for the router and driver for the NIC?