Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all

Nazgulled

Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
I don't know what just open but every link/shortcut that you find on Windows
Vista to open the Network and Sharing Center does not work, when I click on
it, nothing happens, no window pops up... What the hell happened? Anyone has
a clue? How do I fix this? confused.gif
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
Does this happen consistently, or only on this one boot...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:25:01 -0700, Nazgulled
<Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I don't know what just open but every link/shortcut that you find on Windows
>Vista to open the Network and Sharing Center does not work, when I click on
>it, nothing happens, no window pops up... What the hell happened? Anyone has
>a clue? How do I fix this? confused.gif

Nazgulled

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
I'm not sure I understood your question... This just started happening on my
system. One time it was fine, now it's not. I can't open the Network and
Sharing Center and the Control Panel icon "Network and Internet" doesn't show
any links blue links at all to common actions like the other icons. Also, if
I open the "Network and Internet" icon on Control Panel, the "Network and
Sharing Center" does not appear there...

See the screenshot:

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> Does this happen consistently, or only on this one boot...
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:25:01 -0700, Nazgulled
> <Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't know what just open but every link/shortcut that you find on Windows
> >Vista to open the Network and Sharing Center does not work, when I click on
> >it, nothing happens, no window pops up... What the hell happened? Anyone has
> >a clue? How do I fix this? confused.gif

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
I was asking if this occurs after a reboot (or a series of reboots) or
if this is a one-time bug...

What happens when you right click on the network icon in the
notification area (with the yellow triangle in it) and select Network
and Sharing Center there...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 03:29:01 -0700, Nazgulled
<Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure I understood your question... This just started happening on my
>system. One time it was fine, now it's not. I can't open the Network and
>Sharing Center and the Control Panel icon "Network and Internet" doesn't show
>any links blue links at all to common actions like the other icons. Also, if
>I open the "Network and Internet" icon on Control Panel, the "Network and
>Sharing Center" does not appear there...
>
>See the screenshot:
>

>"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
>
>> Does this happen consistently, or only on this one boot...
>>
>> ---
>> Jeffrey Randow
>> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
>> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
>> http://www.networkblog.net
>>
>> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:25:01 -0700, Nazgulled
>> <Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't know what just open but every link/shortcut that you find on Windows
>> >Vista to open the Network and Sharing Center does not work, when I click on
>> >it, nothing happens, no window pops up... What the hell happened? Anyone has
>> >a clue? How do I fix this? confused.gif

Nazgulled

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
No one can help me out? I really didn't want to reinstall Vista. Last time I
did that, I had also to reinstall a bunch of applications and restore my
settings and such...
Nazgulled

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
It happens all the time... However, I fixed half of the problem, someone else
suggested me to use "regsvr32 netcenter.dll" and here's what I replied to the
person that suggested me that:

"regsvr32 netcenter.dll did something but it still not working... Clicking
on "Network and Internet" in the Control Panel, now displays the "Network and
Sharing Center" icon, although, there are no blue links below it. Neither the
main "Network and Internet" icon nor the "Network and Sharing Center" icon
inside it has blue links below them. Something is still not fixed."

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> I was asking if this occurs after a reboot (or a series of reboots) or
> if this is a one-time bug...
>
> What happens when you right click on the network icon in the
> notification area (with the yellow triangle in it) and select Network
> and Sharing Center there...
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 03:29:01 -0700, Nazgulled
> <Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure I understood your question... This just started happening on my
> >system. One time it was fine, now it's not. I can't open the Network and
> >Sharing Center and the Control Panel icon "Network and Internet" doesn't show
> >any links blue links at all to common actions like the other icons. Also, if
> >I open the "Network and Internet" icon on Control Panel, the "Network and
> >Sharing Center" does not appear there...
> >
> >See the screenshot:
> >

> >"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
> >
> >> Does this happen consistently, or only on this one boot...
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Jeffrey Randow
> >> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> >> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> >> http://www.networkblog.net

Mick Murphy

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
Read his posts!!!!!!!!

It is recurring you idiot!!!!!

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> I was asking if this occurs after a reboot (or a series of reboots) or
> if this is a one-time bug...
>
> What happens when you right click on the network icon in the
> notification area (with the yellow triangle in it) and select Network
> and Sharing Center there...
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 03:29:01 -0700, Nazgulled
> <Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure I understood your question... This just started happening on my
> >system. One time it was fine, now it's not. I can't open the Network and
> >Sharing Center and the Control Panel icon "Network and Internet" doesn't show
> >any links blue links at all to common actions like the other icons. Also, if
> >I open the "Network and Internet" icon on Control Panel, the "Network and
> >Sharing Center" does not appear there...
> >
> >See the screenshot:
> >

> >"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
> >
> >> Does this happen consistently, or only on this one boot...
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Jeffrey Randow
> >> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> >> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> >> http://www.networkblog.net

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
Can't tell that - the statement "One time it was fine, now it's
not"...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:27:01 -0700, Mick Murphy
<MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Read his posts!!!!!!!!
>
>It is recurring you idiot!!!!!
>
>"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:
>
>> I was asking if this occurs after a reboot (or a series of reboots) or
>> if this is a one-time bug...
>>
>> What happens when you right click on the network icon in the
>> notification area (with the yellow triangle in it) and select Network
>> and Sharing Center there...
>>
>> ---
>> Jeffrey Randow
>> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
>> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
>> http://www.networkblog.net
>>
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 03:29:01 -0700, Nazgulled
>> <Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm not sure I understood your question... This just started happening on my
>> >system. One time it was fine, now it's not. I can't open the Network and
>> >Sharing Center and the Control Panel icon "Network and Internet" doesn't show
>> >any links blue links at all to common actions like the other icons. Also, if
>> >I open the "Network and Internet" icon on Control Panel, the "Network and
>> >Sharing Center" does not appear there...
>> >
>> >See the screenshot:

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
The only other way I have seen to get to Network and Sharing Center is
to type in "Sharing" in the search box under the start menu, but I
don't think that will work in your case...

The only thing else I could recommend is to try running "sfc /scannow"
(have a Vista CD handy) and see if you have any corrupted files. This
is better quick check before reinstalling.

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:09:04 -0700, Nazgulled
<Nazgulled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>regsvr32 netcenter.dll

Nazgulled

Re: Can't open Network and Sharing Center dialog at all
Can't you tell what? It was working just fine and the next time I tried to
open it since the last one, it wouldn't open... As simple as that. Now it's
working using "regsrv32 netcenter.dll", however, the blue links are not in
the control panel under the network icons. I'm only having that little
problem...