Network Center and Mobility completely sucks

goodwill

Network Center and Mobility completely sucks
I have installed Vista Ultimate today and have to scream with all my terrible
feelings.
First reall broken stuff is really the Network Center and Mobility Center. I
have 2 network connections on my computer- one is the ethernet port, another
one is integrated wireless. Windows make it SOOOO HARD for me to disable and
enable wireless, by making it UAC and hiding it so far deeply inside the
network center.
Second, the network center miserably use my SSID as the network name, which
is very much wrong concept and makes the interface extremely confusing when I
am actually using my ethernet port to connect to network.
Third, the Mobility Center DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING ABOUT MY WIRELESS NETWORK.
I have 2 network adapters and I suppose I should be managing my wireless all
the time as the wired one never need management in most case (if have cable,
turn on, otherwise turn off, its so simple)

This is the 1st part, I am sure I am going to throw a lot and expecting MS
are going to fix most of them during SP2 of Vista (which I don't think
expecting them fixed in SP1 is realistic as its due early 08) and DO NOT MAKE
A CHARGED SE FOR VISTA ON THESE UPGRADES. FIXING BASIC DESIGN FLAWS ARE YOUR
RESPONSIBILITY.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
goodwill

RE: Network Center and Mobility completely sucks
I further analyse this problem and realize it is inconsistency of the
behaviour of Windows Mobility Center. Somehow I come across an incident where
Windows is able to turn on/off my wireless properly when Windows Mobility
Center have the wireless component show up. However its only for a day, and
once I have restarted my PC, it no longer works as the Wireless panel becomes
the Not Connected Network Center component. Its very mystery, and my
configuration is very standard- 945GM with Centrino, nothing weird at all.

Please MS, face this problem. This is so simple one, if it doesn't work, its
annoying me (and a lot of people) too much.