Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center

asdfasdf

Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center
My network and sharing center has slowly been degrading. At first it just did
random buggy things like disconnect me or freeze up. But now it's straight up
not working. It always shows a disconnected symbol, even when i'm connected
to a network. The program freezes up as soon as I boot and won't even open.
I'm so sick of all the bugs in Vista. If anyone knows of patch or a fix for
this please do tell
Timbermar

Re: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center

I'm having this same problem also, Network and Sharing Center will only
freeze when I try to open it, always shows that I'm not connected. I am
running both a Wired and Wireless connection, but I've been doing that
for months now, I don't see why that would cause an issue.

--
Timbermar
jc12345

Re: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center

I have the same exact problem. My computer was working fine a week ago,
I was away and I had it turned off and when I came back this started up.
There's another problem that may or may not be related but my media
files no longer play in Windows Media Player, I get the error message
that it cannot find the files. Songs play in real player, but I can't
get any of my videos to work in either one.

--
jc12345
Timbermar

Re: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center

I read in another post (I'm at work now, don't have time to look it up)
that the new AIM 6 patch is the cause... can you guys confirm if you are
using AIM 6 or not? The timing was right for me, I rolled back to a
system restore point (mine was dated 10/21/2007) and everything is
working fine again. I re-installed AIM 6 from the website (newest
version) and it seems to be working normal so far.

--
Timbermar
jc12345

Re: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center

That must be it then, my AIM updated when I first started up my
computer.

--
jc12345
Timbermar

Re: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center

Just to follow up, I'm not sure that anybody is still having this issue
anymore, but I've seen on several sites that the AIM 6.5 patch is indeed
the cause of this problem. The suggested course of action is to
roll-back to before you installed the update, and then if you need to
have AIM, the 5.9 version is available on the site as well ('Instant
Messenger - AIM - Instant Message Your Online Buddies for Free - AIM'
(http://www.aim.com)), install and use this until the issue can be
fixed.

Note: This issue has also been blamed for other problems in addition to
the Networ and Sharing Center, such as files not being found in Winamp,
nor audio when attempting to play files in VLC...

--
Timbermar
vinmeganaga@gmail.com

Re: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center
On Oct 26, 9:11 pm, asdfasdf <asdfa...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> My network and sharing center has slowly been degrading. At first it just did
> random buggy things like disconnect me or freeze up. But now it's straight up
> not working. It always shows a disconnected symbol, even when i'm connected
> to a network. The program freezes up as soon as I boot and won't even open.
> I'm so sick of all the bugs in Vista. If anyone knows of patch or a fix for
> this please do tell

TRY THIS

Simply run a command prompt as an administrator (right-click on it and
click "Open as Administrator") then enter the following command line:

net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add

That should do it. We should thank God for the each other because
Microsoft sure has no F-ing idea what they are doing yet.

MegaMan50000

RE: Hella problems with Vista Ultimate Network and Sharing Center
TRY THIS, Uninstalling AOL does nothing

Do this,