connect to two separate wifi networks

ned

connect to two separate wifi networks
hi all

i have a laptop pc with vista business. I want to connect to two
wireless access points at the same time, one AP is my wifi internet
router, the other one is an Airport Express box that I use to stream
music to speakers, the airport is not connected to any LAN or WAN.

If i try to connect to the router via wifi then i get disconnected from
the Airport, and vice versa.

Question # 1: can I connect to the two devices at the same time just
using the ONE built in wifi card of my laptop?

I have tried also to add a second externa USB wifi card. My idea was: if
the answer to #1 is no, then i will use two separate wifi cards.

So i tried to have the built in wifi connect to the router and the USB
wifi connect to the Airport. The result is that the computer wont let me
connect at the two networks with two separate devices at the same time.

Question # 2: am I doing something wrong or I just cant use two wifi
devices at the same time?

thanks
Jeffrey Randow

Re: connect to two separate wifi networks
You can't connect to both AP's at the same time with the same card
(unless it is some dual card that I have never heard of)...

I don't think you can do it at all with Windows Zero Config for
wireless...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com