security and drive sharing

SamA

security and drive sharing
I have 2 Vista machines, the primary machine is the print server and contains
the
USB external drive where backups go for both the primary and the secondary
machines.

Both the primary and secondary machine have the same user named, both have
no password associated with the account. When I try to share the USB drive
with the secondary machine it fails because the accound on the primary
machine doesn't have a password associated with it. So, I create a password
on the primary machine account. One the secondary machine I manually connect
the USB drive and click the reconnect after a reboot.

When I reboot the secondary machine the USB drive is not mounted
automatically I have to manually enter the login and password. I also loose
the ability to print on the secondary machine until I mount the USB drive.

Is there any way to make sure that the drive and printer are always
available on the secondary machine even after a reboot?

Thanks
SamA
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: security and drive sharing
Microsoft update may fix this issue. Check this link for the update.

Windows Vista Update and download
10. A "Web Services on Devices"-based printer appears as Offline after you
wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep ....
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=859

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net