Auto create a 50 new folders in network

pcbgunner

Auto create a 50 new folders in network
Hi,

I'm currently using windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and connect it to
the snap server.
I can access the files and folders, but whenever i try to create a new
folder it auto create 50 new folders (empty folder) and when i try to
delete the files. it will prompt out error.

It only happened with win Vista, other users with win XP do not have
such problems.

May i know is it cause of a virus or compatibility between Vista and
snap server?

Anybody can help??

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Auto create a 50 new folders in network
Are you creating the original folder in Explorer or via a command
prompt?

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:43:56 -0700, pcbgunner
<erwin.lestari@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm currently using windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and connect it to
>the snap server.
>I can access the files and folders, but whenever i try to create a new
>folder it auto create 50 new folders (empty folder) and when i try to
>delete the files. it will prompt out error.
>
>It only happened with win Vista, other users with win XP do not have
>such problems.
>
>May i know is it cause of a virus or compatibility between Vista and
>snap server?
>
>Anybody can help??

pcbgunner

Re: Auto create a 50 new folders in network
Hi jeffrey,

Thanks for the response.
I'm creating a new empty folder to the network driver in Explorer.

Jeffrey Randow wrote:
> Are you creating the original folder in Explorer or via a command
> prompt?
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:43:56 -0700, pcbgunner
> <erwin.lestari@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm currently using windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and connect it to
> >the snap server.
> >I can access the files and folders, but whenever i try to create a new
> >folder it auto create 50 new folders (empty folder) and when i try to
> >delete the files. it will prompt out error.
> >
> >It only happened with win Vista, other users with win XP do not have
> >such problems.
> >
> >May i know is it cause of a virus or compatibility between Vista and
> >snap server?
> >
> >Anybody can help??

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Auto create a 50 new folders in network
It's not a virus and I don't think it is a compatibility issue...

Do you see these other folders on the XP box? It may just be an error
with Vista Explorer (i.e., shows duplicates that don't exist). I see
this some times when using a removable storage device...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:45:11 -0700, pcbgunner
<erwin.lestari@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi jeffrey,
>
>Thanks for the response.
>I'm creating a new empty folder to the network driver in Explorer.
>

>Jeffrey Randow wrote:
>> Are you creating the original folder in Explorer or via a command
>> prompt?
>>
>> ---
>> Jeffrey Randow
>> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
>> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
>> http://www.networkblog.net
>>
>> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:43:56 -0700, pcbgunner
>> <erwin.lestari@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I'm currently using windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and connect it to
>> >the snap server.
>> >I can access the files and folders, but whenever i try to create a new
>> >folder it auto create 50 new folders (empty folder) and when i try to
>> >delete the files. it will prompt out error.
>> >
>> >It only happened with win Vista, other users with win XP do not have
>> >such problems.
>> >
>> >May i know is it cause of a virus or compatibility between Vista and
>> >snap server?
>> >
>> >Anybody can help??

pcbgunner

Re: Auto create a 50 new folders in network
Yes, i do see the other folders in XP as well.