Wireless Limited or No Connectivity

emoo

Wireless Limited or No Connectivity
Hi: I have a windows vista Laptop, I can not connect to a Wireless Network
that is using Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC). It is always (Limited or
no connectivity). I turned off any firelwall and I am sure from the signal
strength. Please help me to solve the problem.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wireless Limited or No Connectivity
In many cases, Limited or no connectivity means the Vista doesn't receive IP
from the DHCP. Posting back with the result of ipconfig /all to confirm it.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"emoo" <emoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi: I have a windows vista Laptop, I can not connect to a Wireless Network
> that is using Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC). It is always (Limited
> or
> no connectivity). I turned off any firelwall and I am sure from the signal
> strength. Please help me to solve the problem.

emoo

Re: Wireless Limited or No Connectivity
Thanx Robert. What are the possible causes that it does not receive the IP
from the DHCP other than the windows firewall specially if all the other
workstations are receiving receiving IPs normally except this Vista Labtop.

Thanx.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> In many cases, Limited or no connectivity means the Vista doesn't receive IP
> from the DHCP. Posting back with the result of ipconfig /all to confirm it.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "emoo" <emoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi: I have a windows vista Laptop, I can not connect to a Wireless Network
> > that is using Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC). It is always (Limited
> > or
> > no connectivity). I turned off any firelwall and I am sure from the signal
> > strength. Please help me to solve the problem.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wireless Limited or No Connectivity
Most likely it is indomitable issue. Check any new firmware for the router
or new driver for the NIC. This link may help too.

Vista incompatible issuesVista Incompatible issues. 1. Some switches or
routers may not compatible with Vista – Solutions: upgrade the firmware,
disable the IPv6, re-configure the ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistacompatible.htm