Ethernet connection with Vista

Jo

Ethernet connection with Vista
Before my son took his laptop to a LAN party we could easily switch back and
forth between wireless and wired connection to our Linsys WRT54G router. One
of the guys at the LAN party changed settings somewhere so they could hook
up. Since then the laptop will only connect wirelessly to our home network
and I can't figure out how to make a hard wire connection.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Ethernet connection with Vista
Can you connect the vista to the router using Cat 5 cable? Also posting the
result of ipconfig /all here may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before my son took his laptop to a LAN party we could easily switch back
> and
> forth between wireless and wired connection to our Linsys WRT54G router.
> One
> of the guys at the LAN party changed settings somewhere so they could hook
> up. Since then the laptop will only connect wirelessly to our home
> network
> and I can't figure out how to make a hard wire connection.

Jo

Re: Ethernet connection with Vista
Thank you but in the mean time I found it. They had set the IPs to a
specific address rather than auto.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Can you connect the vista to the router using Cat 5 cable? Also posting the
> result of ipconfig /all here may help.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Before my son took his laptop to a LAN party we could easily switch back
> > and
> > forth between wireless and wired connection to our Linsys WRT54G router.
> > One
> > of the guys at the LAN party changed settings somewhere so they could hook
> > up. Since then the laptop will only connect wirelessly to our home
> > network
> > and I can't figure out how to make a hard wire connection.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Ethernet connection with Vista
Thank you for the update.