Computers not showing up on network

ntantaros

Computers not showing up on network
I just go a Vista based computer and I'm trying to access other computers on
my home network. None of the computers on my network are shoing up ont he
network list. My firewalls are disabled. All connections are secured.

Any suggestions.

One computer is running XP, the other 2000, and I also have a Playstation 3
hooked up to the same network.

I should at the minimum be able to see these devises. Shouldn;t I??

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Computers not showing up on network
Is your network type Public, Private, Work, or Unidentified?

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:13:03 -0700, ntantaros
<ntantaros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just go a Vista based computer and I'm trying to access other computers on
>my home network. None of the computers on my network are shoing up ont he
>network list. My firewalls are disabled. All connections are secured.
>
>Any suggestions.
>
>One computer is running XP, the other 2000, and I also have a Playstation 3
>hooked up to the same network.
>
>I should at the minimum be able to see these devises. Shouldn;t I??
>
>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

Mick Murphy

RE: Computers not showing up on network
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/l.../bb727037.aspx

Have a good read of the above link.

And,make sure ALL computers have the same workgroup name.
As well, in Vista Network and Sharing, make sure you have
Network set to private
Network discovery ON, to see other computers!
File Sharing ON
Public folder sharing ON (public in vista is the same as shared docs in xp)
Password protected OFF, unless you want to set up same name accounts on all
computers.

I don't use playstation, but try "Add network device" in vista network and
sharing.

"ntantaros" wrote:

> I just go a Vista based computer and I'm trying to access other computers on
> my home network. None of the computers on my network are shoing up ont he
> network list. My firewalls are disabled. All connections are secured.
>
> Any suggestions.
>
> One computer is running XP, the other 2000, and I also have a Playstation 3
> hooked up to the same network.
>
> I should at the minimum be able to see these devises. Shouldn;t I??

> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

ntantaros

Re: Computers not showing up on network