Printer Sharing wont stay on

Michael Klim

Printer Sharing wont stay on
I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.

I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on printer
sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.

This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the one
usually connected to the network wirelessly.

Any help?

thanks
Michael

ChrisM

RE: Printer Sharing wont stay on
Michael

I have exactly the same problem - 3 computers with Vista and one which
cannot share any of the network printers. I would be delighted if anybody
could suggest a solution other than buying a stand alone printer for that
machine! A wired connection by the way.

Chris

"Michael Klim" wrote:

> I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.
>
> I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on printer
> sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.
>
> This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the one
> usually connected to the network wirelessly.
>
> Any help?
>

> thanks
> Michael

Mick Murphy

RE: Printer Sharing wont stay on
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/l.../bb727037.aspx

Have a read of the above link.

"Michael Klim" wrote:

> I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.
>
> I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on printer
> sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.
>
> This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the one
> usually connected to the network wirelessly.
>
> Any help?
>

> thanks
> Michael

Michael Klim

Re: Printer Sharing wont stay on
Ok, I''ve read it but cant find where the problem is .

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/l.../bb727037.aspx
>
> Have a read of the above link.
>

> "Michael Klim" wrote:
>
>> I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.
>>
>> I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on
>> printer
>> sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.
>>
>> This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the
>> one
>> usually connected to the network wirelessly.
>>
>> Any help?
>>

>> thanks
>> Michael

Michael Klim

Re: Printer Sharing wont stay on
So it does the same for you? ie. You press Apply but printer sharing stays
off?

Michael.

"ChrisM" <ChrisM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Michael
>
> I have exactly the same problem - 3 computers with Vista and one which
> cannot share any of the network printers. I would be delighted if anybody
> could suggest a solution other than buying a stand alone printer for that
> machine! A wired connection by the way.
>
> Chris
>
> "Michael Klim" wrote:
>
>> I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.
>>
>> I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on
>> printer
>> sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.
>>
>> This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the
>> one
>> usually connected to the network wirelessly.
>>
>> Any help?
>>

>> thanks
>> Michael

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Printer Sharing wont stay on
Is your network private? It needs to be private to have sharing
enabled...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:08:00 +1000, "Michael Klim"
<miclim_nospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>So it does the same for you? ie. You press Apply but printer sharing stays
>off?
>
>Michael.
>
>"ChrisM" <ChrisM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Michael
>>
>> I have exactly the same problem - 3 computers with Vista and one which
>> cannot share any of the network printers. I would be delighted if anybody
>> could suggest a solution other than buying a stand alone printer for that
>> machine! A wired connection by the way.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "Michael Klim" wrote:
>>
>>> I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.
>>>
>>> I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on
>>> printer
>>> sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.
>>>
>>> This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the
>>> one
>>> usually connected to the network wirelessly.
>>>
>>> Any help?
>>>

>>> thanks
>>> Michael

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Printer Sharing wont stay on
Check the Network Status part of that article.. You must be on a
private network, not public (which is set by default).

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 00:06:45 +1000, "Michael Klim"
<miclim_nospam@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ok, I''ve read it but cant find where the problem is .
>

>"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>

>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/l.../bb727037.aspx
>>
>> Have a read of the above link.
>>

>> "Michael Klim" wrote:
>>
>>> I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers.
>>>
>>> I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on
>>> printer
>>> sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off.
>>>
>>> This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the
>>> one
>>> usually connected to the network wirelessly.
>>>
>>> Any help?
>>>

>>> thanks
>>> Michael