Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2007
yageroi
 

Posts: n/a
Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26
I use this vpn client to connect to work. Had no problems with XP Pro. With
Vista Business it throws error: "Create socket failed with 10048". I've shut
off my software firewall. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2007
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26
Check with your IT dept.
New VPN client versions have been developed by many vendors that are
compatible with Vista (although 64 bit versions still are not
readily available)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:38:02 -0700, yageroi
<yageroi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I use this vpn client to connect to work. Had no problems with XP Pro. With
>Vista Business it throws error: "Create socket failed with 10048". I've shut
>off my software firewall. Any suggestions?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2007
yageroi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26
My IT department does not support Vista. I'd also like to avoid upgrading
because I think it costs like $800. I thought it might be a Vista setting
issue.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> Check with your IT dept.
> New VPN client versions have been developed by many vendors that are
> compatible with Vista (although 64 bit versions still are not
> readily available)
>
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:38:02 -0700, yageroi
> <yageroi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I use this vpn client to connect to work. Had no problems with XP Pro. With
> >Vista Business it throws error: "Create socket failed with 10048". I've shut
> >off my software firewall. Any suggestions?

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2007
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26
You will need the Vista compatible software, not much else I can do.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:38:03 -0700, yageroi
<yageroi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My IT department does not support Vista. I'd also like to avoid upgrading
>because I think it costs like $800. I thought it might be a Vista setting
>issue.
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> Check with your IT dept.
>> New VPN client versions have been developed by many vendors that are
>> compatible with Vista (although 64 bit versions still are not
>> readily available)
>>
>> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:38:02 -0700, yageroi
>> <yageroi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I use this vpn client to connect to work. Had no problems with XP Pro. With
>> >Vista Business it throws error: "Create socket failed with 10048". I've shut
>> >off my software firewall. Any suggestions?

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
>>

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2008
suD
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26

Did u find a solution to your problem?


--
suD
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2008
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
grazhopa is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so no one has found a solution for this? my client has no intention of rolling out vista across its global network but we have started rolling out vista across our system worldwide so i'm stuck using vista - long story short no more access. correct? cant run say a virtual xp box just to connect my vista machine?

OR if we had an xp box connected in our office could i connect to it via our vpn and then connect to theirs?

anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2008
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Contivity VPN Client V04_65.26
you are replying to a message over 6 months old. if you are looking
for a Vista compatible VPN client, contact the vendor of the VPN
software.

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 02:25:29 +0100, grazhopa
<grazhopa.3aaykm@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>
>so no one has found a solution for this? my client has no intention of
>rolling out vista across its global network but we have started rolling
>out vista across our system worldwide so i'm stuck using vista - long
>story short no more access. correct? cant run say a virtual xp box just
>to connect my vista machine?
>
>OR if we had an xp box connected in our office could i connect to it
>via our vpn and then connect to theirs?
>
>anyone?

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 929856 You receive a "741" or a "742" error message when you try to establish a VPN connection by using L2TP/IPsec from a Windows client computer to a VPN server KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
IPSec VPN Client PTravel microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 04-08-2007 21:12
Cisco VPN Client 5.0 C R C microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-23-2007 03:49
Sonicwall vpn client RCE Defiant microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 8 03-02-2007 11:13
Unable to connect to VPN using Vista and Nortel Contivity =?Utf-8?B?VlBOIG1hbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 02-18-2007 11:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:34.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120