problem connecting laptop-desktop via cross cable & internet by mo

Pankaj Jain

problem connecting laptop-desktop via cross cable & internet by mo
I have VIsta loaded on My Laptop, i had been trying to connect it to my
desktop by cross cable by ethernet cards in the usual way (1 host & 1 guest
by assinging their IP as 192.168.0.1 & 2) but it is not working. Laptop
(VISTA) is able to ping Desktop (XP) but not vice versa.

Moreover i tried to connect to internet by my mobile & vodafone connection
through USB cable which doesn't work out, while the same process worked on my
desktop (XP) in an instant. Could this be an issue with VISTA or could there
be something wrong with network components of VISTA on my laptop? Please help

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: problem connecting laptop-desktop via cross cable & internet by mo
1. For the access sharing issue, I would check the firewall first.
2. For access the Internet, posting the results of ipconfig /all on both
computers may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Pankaj Jain" <PankajJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have VIsta loaded on My Laptop, i had been trying to connect it to my
> desktop by cross cable by ethernet cards in the usual way (1 host & 1
> guest
> by assinging their IP as 192.168.0.1 & 2) but it is not working. Laptop
> (VISTA) is able to ping Desktop (XP) but not vice versa.
>
> Moreover i tried to connect to internet by my mobile & vodafone connection
> through USB cable which doesn't work out, while the same process worked on
> my
> desktop (XP) in an instant. Could this be an issue with VISTA or could
> there
> be something wrong with network components of VISTA on my laptop? Please
> help

laikoya

"Pankaj Jain" wrote:

> I have VIsta loaded on My Laptop, i had been trying to connect it to my
> desktop by cross cable by ethernet cards in the usual way (1 host & 1 guest
> by assinging their IP as 192.168.0.1 & 2) but it is not working. Laptop
> (VISTA) is able to ping Desktop (XP) but not vice versa.
>
> Moreover i tried to connect to internet by my mobile & vodafone connection
> through USB cable which doesn't work out, while the same process worked on my
> desktop (XP) in an instant. Could this be an issue with VISTA or could there
> be something wrong with network components of VISTA on my laptop? Please help

Pankaj Jain

RE: problem connecting laptop-desktop via cross cable & internet by mo
thanks for your replies.

actually one the very first day when i got the laptop i uninstalled nokia
internet security from it and forgot all about it since then, but sony people
told me the problem is because of it, so i need to backup all my data, start
system restore which will reinstall norton and then uninstall it according to
thoer way, but i just found a norton applications removal tool from nortons
site and now all well. might help some other people with similiar problem,
thanks again